CBS Pre-Season Rankings

oruvoice

337 out of 351?....this would be an all time low for ORU....that's down in the territory with NJIT and Prairie View.....OUCH!!!......:unsure:

Team's in that 325+ level are looking at single-digit wins for the season.

I find it hard to fathom ORU as anything below a .500 team this year, even with that tough non-conference schedule.

But, I'm anxious to see the team actually play before making any further assertions.

Some of these teams listed ahead of ORU-- Southern Utah, Northern Arizona and Southeast Missouri State-- won 5 games a piece last year. The non-conference schedule is pretty ambitious even by ORU standards, but this is going a bit far.

I always figure these guys don't put a lot of effort into compiling these lists, but it seems that there are so many excessively dire forecasts for ORU this year. It's just interesting to take a team that usually has an RPI in the high 100s, regardless of lineup turnover, and stick them in the 330s.

When did ORU start getting lumped in with schools like Chicago State, So. Carolina-Upstate and Savannah State?....this is a total lack of respect and frankly, TheEagleman is insulted....I am sure the coaching staff and players are even more insulted...hopefully, this kind of stuff does wind up on the bulletin board because it's hard to believe that ORU will be below 200 in the RPI......we are better than this......:@:eagles:

I'm actually a little happy we're getting this kind of coverage. It should hurt. Frankly the last 8 years have hurt. Disrespectful or not, we need to start earning back the perception many of us wish we still had. Time to win. 

337 of 351 is outrageous and completely out of line.  Bush journalism by CBS Sports.  True, we lost one of the top scorers in the country, but our finishing RPIs over last six years (earliest to latest) have been 143, 55, 149, 189, 164, 149 - so a precipitous drop to 337 is ridiculous.  Frankly, it is also disrespectful to the Summit League.  The worst team in the league last year was Western Illinois at 7-17, and their finishing RPI was 258, so I don't expect any league member to fall below 300 this season.

That said, it's not all bad to have everyone think that this year's team will be down, as long as OUR guys don't believe it.  I fully expect us to finish somewhere in the 100s.

• Upvote 2

Doesn't mean all that much since no games have been played yet... but KenPom has us starting the season at #213.

Projected record of 11-17 ( 7-9 in conference )

Tough to predict anything not having played a game yet.....we have a scrimmage this Saturday at Wichita State, I believe then the pre-season game with SE OK a week from tonight....after that we will know a bit more of this teams' make up....the pre-Christmas schedule is daunting but we can steal a few wins there and no reason why ORU can't be .500 in the Summit.....15-15 in the regular season would be a reasonable expectation....hoping we win more than 11 as predicted by KenPom....that would be very disappointing.....not sure we can finish above .500 but ya never know.....:eagles: