2. SDSU
  3. NDSU
  4. Omaha
  5. IUPUI
  6. ORU
  7. South Dakota
  8. Denver
  9. Western Illinois

ORU picked to finish 6th by Summit League coaches/SID's/media.

Lots of folks underestimating ORU this year. Going to surprise a lot of people. We have depth, size, and experienced guard play.

If that is the coaches poll, I wonder where Scott would rank his team this year?  Id be curious to know how a coach ranks his own team.

Sixth feels about right to me. In past seasons I've felt like we received a bump based on the caliber of the program but it's about time we lose that perceived luster. Time to earn it again! 

• Upvote 1

I still don't understand how Omaha is getting so much respect. Also, NDSU is returning four starters but is lower than SDSU who lost their starting guards and coach?

• 3 weeks later...

USA Today --- 7th

Dezmond McDaniel??? Is he beating out Anderson and Young?  EMan or Jontray would seem a more viable candidate for newcomer of the year.

usatoday.jpg

2 hours ago, ORUalum said:

USA Today --- 7th

Dezmond McDaniel??? Is he beating out Anderson and Young?  EMan or Jontray would seem a more viable candidate for newcomer of the year.

From the very little I've seen, McDaniel looked impressive. Has good speed, could cut & get into traffic, decent defender.

But I would still agree Harris or Nzekwesi both have a better chance to make an impact because there aren't as many experienced players in front of them.

NBC Sports:

PREDICTED FINISH
1. Fort Wayne
2. South Dakota State
3. North Dakota State
4. IUPUI
5. Omaha
6. Western Illinois
7. Oral Roberts
8. Denver
9. South Dakota

If ORU finishes below Omaha, WIU and IUPUI.....TheEagleman will fly to Tulsa and run around Mabee Center in a jock strap.....on 2nd thought.....that could cause problems......:eagles:

So....doesn't ORU men's basketball have a scrimmage at Wichita State this Saturday?....is it closed to the public?....will be get results or will no score be kept?  Anybody have any details?.....:eagles:

40 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

So....doesn't ORU men's basketball have a scrimmage at Wichita State this Saturday?....is it closed to the public?....will be get results or will no score be kept?  Anybody have any details?.....:eagles:

Closed to the public, but typically they use real refs, time keeping, etc. in these scrimmages, just like an exhibition game.

Doubtful we will get a report from ORU perspective, but I'm guessing some observations will leak out from the Wichita side - might check their message boards and blogs after the fact