Sign in to follow this  
ORUalum

2018 interest / offers

ORUalum

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/dfwvarsity/boys-prep-basketball/article190615399.html

Currently, Nzekwesi has 20 college offers but he said he’s waiting until the end of the season to make a decision.

Among the schools looking to attract Nzekwesi are Mercer, Oral Roberts, Fresno State, Abilene Christian, Boise State, Texas State, Rice, Air Force and North Texas, among others.

“David has a lot of upside,” said Nelson head coach Scott Curran. “He’s only 17, so he will graduate young. He has a bright future ahead.”

Even though he started off a year ahead of where he would have normally started in school when he moved here, Nzekwesi said he’s had ample time to adjust to the more physical style of play in the U.S.

ORUalum

Dr. Cornelius

Connors St. Stats

I wonder if Mason Jones will get an offer? Also played at Connors St. with 3 years remaining (just decommitted from Central Arkansas).

Mason Jones Stats

ORUTerry

I suspect that Mason Jones is at Connors State because of grades; if so, he is required to graduate from juco before attending a D-1 school. Or maybe he just decided not to attend Central Arkansas. With his numbers, it is curious that no one is recruiting him according to Verbal Commits - unless he is not eligible.

Dr. Cornelius

Mason is a qualifier with three years of eligibility. 

ORUTerry

Very strange that he has no offers given his stats. Wonder if schools are put off by his decision to spurn Central Arkansas. 

Dr. Cornelius

Don't know if it will happen but David Ward of Tulsa Webster would be worth offering. 6'6" and ranked #1 by OKHoops report in the 2018 class... no D1 offers though. In the Youtube video below Larry Owens is talking with Ward prior to the game.

ORU GRAD

April 5 (noon)-18, 2018 [except for (1) below]: Recruiting Period (1) April 9-12, 2018: Dead Period

Are we expected to sign recruits during this period of April? That is starting today if I have it right according to NCAA Men's Division I Recruiting.

Can someone shed light on this? 

ORU GRAD

Thanks 

I appreciate this correct info.

ORUalum

Denver...

TrueBlue82
1 hour ago, ORUalum said:

Denver...

Very disappointed to see this.  First, to not have him at ORU, and second, to have him join a conference opponent.  Ouch...

Dr. Cornelius
On 3/30/2018 at 10:49 AM, ORUTerry said:

Very strange that he has no offers given his stats. Wonder if schools are put off by his decision to spurn Central Arkansas. 

ORUalum
36 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

giphy.gif

The women have had a busy day...........signed a couple JUCOs, including another Spaniard, and picked up a  2019 commitment

Old Titan

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

Dr. Cornelius

ORUIllini
2 hours ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

Geez, that’s saying something when a kid chooses Corpus Christi over ORU! Not good!

ORUParentLurker

JUCOs focus on playing even more than HS recruits.  And Corpus lost quite a bite off a pretty bad team.

ORUTerry

F64AA573-F220-41B2-BE9E-3845BC71D35F.gif.f8373ebba9cfcb89d599a25c274e73ac.gif

ORUalum

Tauriawn Knight of Edmond Santa Fe is granted release from South Dakota.

I wonder if Mills will make a run at him. http://newsok.com/article/5591024/edmond-santa-fes-tauriawn-knight-lives-for-the-big-moments

Edmond Santa Fe coach Josh Williams said Knight is never fazed by what other teams run his way.

"He always gets the other team's best defender," Williams said. "But I think what was different this year was his sense of urgency just clicked."

Knight just recently announced he was opening back up his recruitment after signing with South Dakota. Knight announced on Twitter that he had been given a full release.

Wherever he goes, Williams said he's certain Knight will always keep his confidence in himself.

"He's been counted on for us for the past three years," Williams said. "He wants to take the big shot in the big moment.

"That's just the kind of player he is."

Old Titan

Old Titan

giphy.gif