2018 interest / offers

ORUalum

Well in some of my post a couple months ago I said ORU was in good hands with Coach Mills and they were going to surprise people. I think it was ORUparent Lurker or OldTitan who mentioned the need to get players who are skilled and can play multiple positions. Well from what I BELEIVE I know that’s exactly what Coach Mills and staff did. They recrutited some highly skilled multiple position players. With that being said I predict a lot of 1 on 1 no help perimeter ball pressure because they have that type talent now. On the offensive end skilled players who can also run fast and jump high so running is what they will do. I’m confident predicting a top 3 finish in the Summit..

1 hour ago, ORUTerry said:

This and 25 cents will get you a cup of coffee... can you buy a cup of coffee for 25 cents?

At least we aren’t last. Time will tell how this class performs. 

Thanks to DeShang Weaver.....

247a.png.5329c90eabb83c2a65314a08ae037f08.png

2nd best class in the Southland........Congrats to Coach Sutton ?!?!?! :P        (not sure how much faith I put in a publication that can't get the league or coach correct)

247b.png.878866193697717a77949d081ac7f6ac.png

This will surely be the toughest year ever for TheEagleman to list an OVER/UNDER on wins.....it's going to be purely a stab in the dark.....but still 3 months to go before that number has to be set.....lots of research/guesswork still to do.....:wacko:

17 hours ago, Fam of ORU said:

Well in some of my post a couple months ago I said ORU was in good hands with Coach Mills and they were going to surprise people. I think it was ORUparent Lurker or OldTitan who mentioned the need to get players who are skilled and can play multiple positions. Well from what I BELEIVE I know that’s exactly what Coach Mills and staff did. They recrutited some highly skilled multiple position players. With that being said I predict a lot of 1 on 1 no help perimeter ball pressure because they have that type talent now. On the offensive end skilled players who can also run fast and jump high so running is what they will do. I’m confident predicting a top 3 finish in the Summit..

"We'll see..."

On 8/3/2018 at 9:03 PM, Fam of ORU said:

I know. Time will reveal Old Titan but, until the lets keep hope alive.

:up:

According to Verbal Commits, the following players have enrolled at ORU and are on campus:

• 8/5/2018 - JUCO SG D'Mauria Jones (6-3, 210, 2★) has enrolled in school and been added to the official team roster.
  • 8/5/2018 - 2018 PG Carlos Jürgens (6-5, 175, 2★) has enrolled in school and been added to the official team roster.
  • 8/5/2018 - 2018 SF Francis Lācis (6-7, 200, 2★) has enrolled in school and been added to the official team roster.
  • 8/5/2018 - 2018 PG Kennedy Milton (6-3, 175, 2★) has enrolled in school and been added to the official team roster.
  • 8/5/2018 - 2018 PF Kevin Obanor (6-8, 225, 2★) has enrolled in school and been added to the official team roster.
  • 8/5/2018 - JUCO SG Aidan Saunders (6-4, 185, 2★) has enrolled in school and been added to the official team roster.
  • 8/5/2018 - 2018 SF Deshang Weaver (6-7, -, 3★) has enrolled in school and been added to the official team roster.
  • 8/5/2018 - 2014 PF Kerwin Smith (6-9, 222, 2★) has enrolled in school and been added to the official team roster.

Look at the listed heights of the guards: 6’3”, 6’3”, 6’4”, and 6’5”.  If these are accurate heights it will be a welcome change to have some height at the guard position that could be beneficial both defensively and offensively.

The official team roster at oruathletics.com aligns with verbalcommits.  Eight newcomers on the thirteen man roster is a significant change. Coach Mills is definitely forming HIS team.

Weaver cleared to resume basketball activities last week.....

I can confirm that insiders are claiming the coaching staff is definitely intent on establishing a faster pace this season.  I'm hearing its all full court man defense in scrimmaging so far.  Maybe that is just a way to get everyone in shape... we shall see what happens when the lights come on.  It certainly appears the upgrade in talent across the board will give us a chance to see what Mills really wants to do.  He was hamstrung last season severely with all the guard transfers and injuries.

That's quite a list of newcomers above....gonna make for an interesting season....not sure TheEagleman can wait 3 more months...will there be an exhibition game?...:eagles: