2018 interest / offers

ORUalum

Man, I’m glad I’m not working in Media Relations anymore. 

I doubt 4:30pm on a Thursday afternoon is when you ideally want this sort of news coming out - and from the signee himself, on social media.

Ten years ago, this little ol’ message board was Public Enemy No. 1 when it came to signings leaking out (drove former SID’s batty).

Hardly the case anymore:  we find out along with the rest of the world (and the poor Media Relations guys!)

Ha. I'm pretty sure the job description for media relations nowadays is "Monitor Twitter"

That’s makes two juco guards (6’3” and 6’4”) and one scholarship left. I assume we will hold that for next year. 

agree........hold that last one for next year (or fingers crossed Javan does not get an offer he likes)

i like that Mills is adding length to the perimeter with these 2 JUCOs.......should help his defense --- closing out on shooters, trapping, disrupting passing lanes etc.

i still say you red-shirt the 2 euros unless one or both are just absolute knock down shooters.......let them ease into going to school in America and adjust to the American game

The two juco guards signed haven't exactly lit up the scoreboard from downtown in their most recent season (Jones 33.6%; Saunders 28.2%) which begs the question as to where our perimeter shooting will come from... 

The two Juco guards signed haven't exactly lit up the scoreboard from downtown in their most recent season (Jones 33.6%; Saunders 28.2%) which begs the question as to where our perimeter shooting will come from...

I feel it is safe to say that our recruiters (STAFF) have more knowledge of the new additions coming in than we do as armchair quarterbacks. I will trust that Mills and Company have done their homework with talent that was available and we should see a better product on the floor in the fall. This will be his first full year with his own recruits and only 4 players from the Sutton era.  I have a  saying, Time will Tell!

Clearly the goal is to add depth on the perimeter and do it with both freshmen and some older guys.  There should at least now be great competition in practice that will make the team stronger.

That last spot. I'm thinking grad transfer big or nothing.

Smith is a big (no pun intended) signing! Grand Canyon had a great season this year, and Smith played in all of their games. I'm excited! Seems like a good replacement for Javan. 

seems a bit odd considering his numbers at GCU.....lots of DNPs in the second half of the season

ks.png.07f3d4d4b3ba98b1d5351e9eea4224fe.png

If this transfer plays like this in his final year at ORU, then we will have a win/win for this recruiting season. However, Smith must have been hurt this past season or something was wrong. A legit 6'9 cannot be a bad thing for one year. Go Eagles!

On 4/16/2018 at 9:36 AM, Old Titan said:

• 2 months later...

This and 25 cents will get you a cup of coffee... can you buy a cup of coffee for 25 cents?

At least we aren’t last. Time will tell how this class performs.