2018 interest / offers

ORUalum

He is a 6'8" PF.  Not available apparently until 2020, which means he still is growing.

"Blessed to receive my first D1 offer from Oral Roberts" - says every underage prospect from Oklahoma this summer (or at least it feels that way).

If memory serves me correctly, a lot of times these kids are under the radar UNTIL they publicize their "first offer" from ORU, at which point they automatically get added to the watch list for every mid-major program in the Central time zone.

Isn't the key to finding "diamonds in the rough" keeping their location secret until you're ready to pick them up?

• Upvote 1

Hard sell to tell recruits not to mention they are being recruited. I guess ORU could wait to offer but one of our only advantages might be building relationships with players, families, & coaches.

• Upvote 1

2019 graduate. 6'5" guard/forward from Southfield Christian (Michigan) high school

• 2 weeks later...

David Nzekwesi - Triumph Gold - Trophy Club Byron Nelson - 2018

TexasHoops ANALYSIS: Nzekwesi is one of the most skilled true bigs in his recruiting class. Able to hit the three or make strong post moves inside, Nzekwesi can be a game changer in the middle. Originally hailing from The Netherlands, Nzekwesi credits his exceptional footwork to his international upbringing and focus on soccer as his original sport of choice. After moving to the U.S. at age 11, Nzekwesi has risen to the No.36 ranked player in the Texas 2018 class. Time to grow into his body and more aggressiveness on defense would help Nzekwesi, but his offensive game is about as skilled as it gets for a 5-man.

What he's looking forward to in July: "I'm feeling better than ever. I've improved a lot and I feel fresh. No injuries or anything like that." When asked what he wants to prove during the Live Period, Nzekwesi responded, "That I am a high major college basketball player."

Interest & Offers: Nzekwesi has pulled in a lot of offers over the course of the spring and summer, with his number of offers currently sitting at 14 from the likes of Abilene Christian, Air Force, Boise State, Canisius, Lamar, New Hampshire, North Texas, Oral Roberts, Rice, Sam Houston State, Stephen F. Austin, Texas State, UC-Davis, and UT-Arlington. Other coaching staffs who have reached out to Nzekwesi include Arkansas-Little Rock, Colorado, LSU, Louisiana Tech, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and TCU.

What he's looking for in a program: "A place where I'll get to play with a good coaching staff and teammates that are used to winning. I want to go somewhere with good academics and an environment where I can grow in my faith."

What he's working on before the Live Period: "I'm working on taking my defender off the dribble, my rebounding and being an even better teammate."

https://texashoops.rivals.com/news/gaso-daily-trio-dfw-2018-s-looking-to-make-moves-in-july

Signing David Nzekwesi would be a major coup for this new coaching staff. 

Connections such as having his big brother already in the starting line-up come around once in a generation for a low-major like ORU.

3 more...

• Keith Haymon -- 6'7" wing (TX)
  • Chase Adams -- 5'8" pg (IL)
  • Tauriawn Knight -- 6'1" pg (OK)
Spoiler

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/19/2017 at 9:44 PM, ORUalum said:

#19 player out of Texas according to TexasHoops.Rivals.com

Is this our biggest signee since Domo?

1 hour ago, WingMaaaan said:

Is this our biggest signee since Domo?

I would say yes... coming in and making an immediate impact at the D1 level like DoMo did? A whole different question.