"We On The Team"

TrueBlue82

Hilarious basketball-themed video posted on the ORU Facebook page.  Kudos to the production crew, actors, and to the University for using social media in this manner.

We On The Team

i'm assuming this is some type of pitch to students to get involved with ORU athletics.  where's the "ask" at the end? 

i.e.  "you don't have to be on the court to be a part of the team.  come out and support ORU athletics this year."

it's certainly a funny video, but it almost comes off as a mocking of the walk-ons.  unless of course i missed something.

• Upvote 1

I thought it was incredible.  And no, I do not think it slams our walk-ons.  One of the guys was wearing Albert's jersey.  Great video!  Keep up the good work.

This video is remarkably well-produced.  

It's also chock full of racial stereotypes.

While I marvel at the production values, I find myself shaking my head at the tired old "white men can't jump but they work harder" cliches.

Here's the key from my perspective...

In the first 48 hours since being posted, this video has been viewed just under 100,000 times, and both "shared" and "liked/loved" by nearly 1,500 people.  The students on campus are buzzing about it - and are talking about ORU basketball.... in August.

• Upvote 2

Exactly!  I live over 1,000 miles from Tulsa and have shared the video with other ORU alums in my region.  We all loved it and actually have shared it with a lot of our friends who have no connection to ORU.  They all loved it and wished their respective alma maters would do something like it.

ORUalum already said it best. No need to repeat his points.

Barely any athletes in it and the ones that are in there are just props for the two comedians. No call to action. No mention of when ORU games start.

Production values are good but it's just a vanity project to highlight the comedic talents of the two guys in it.

I don't know the students involved so I can't speak to the "vanity project" aspect.  There are the same number of views of this video in TWO WEEKS as reported attendance to all ORU home games in Mabee Center over the past THREE SEASONS combined.  I have a hard time seeing the downside to that level of exposure, vanity project or not.

• Upvote 2

Exactly.  I think this video connects with younger people, especially students.  Further, I think there will be more "buzz" about ORUMBB with this video amongst the students than some commercial that appeals to an older generation.

TheEagleman is in favor of anything that gets more than 150 students out to Mabee Center for a game.....:eagles:

maybe athletics can hire these guys to shoot a 1 min follow up promoting student participation to play on the TVs around campus.  they definitely have talent and i bet the price would be right.

my comment was more on production values and less on quality of comedy.  obviously the contractor would have control over message and content.

• Upvote 1