Congrats Geoff Haxton!!!!!

ORUalum

super happy for Geoff.  ORU was lucky to have a play-by-play of his talent so long.

Great opportunity for Geoff - considering his knowledge and experience with the Big XII schools, particularly in basketball and baseball, this should make for a very smooth transition.

ORU has been very fortunate to have someone of Geoff's talents affiliated with the program for so many years - he will certainly be missed, for a variety of reasons.

"God bless, Geoff - and God bless the Golden Eagles!" :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

I am happy for Hax, but will really miss him.  He truly was the "voice" of the Golden Eagles and it will be hard to replace him.  I would always watch the game if on TV with the sound down and Hax on Tune-In radio turned up.  Good luck Geoff, you are a class act.  Thanks for all your years with us.

What the heck! Hax is gone! What other changes are to come for this upcoming season?

no doubt I'm bummed, but super happy for him!

Brian Hanni, the former TT basketball & baseball announcer left in June to take over those responsibilities at KU. Hate to see Hax leave but it looks like a nice move for him - except having to live in Lubbock. 

Congrats to Geoff!

I feel sorry for whoever has to attempt to fill those shoes this year. Bummer for us fans who like to listen on the radio. 

Congrats Hax!! 

As an out of town alum, I will truly miss listening to Hax.  He is a great talent, and did a fine job for the University.  I am not surprised that someone recognized his abilities and hired him away.  I think that he has a high ceiling and will continue to climb in the future. 

I totally agree with OT's benediction, which, of course, is a clever modification of Hax's signature sign-off line:

God bless Geoff -- and God bless the Golden Eagles!!

they also lost Phil Dowden for WBB.  it will be all new voices behind the mic for ORU this season.

ICYMI.....here's the story on how Hax missed on Toledo, but landed on Tech's radar...

God Bless you, Hax.....this is a tough blow but that voice belongs in the big time.....you will be missed, brother!...:eagles: