Freshmen (and Athletes) On Campus

Old Titan

Another in a string of really clever ideas by the ORU Athletic Department:  Golden Eagle student-athletes making themselves available all day today to help incoming freshmen move into their dorm rooms.  Great PR move - is this the first year they've done something like this?

And, reading between the lines in this photo:  Big Chris is looking svelte!

That's a real nice idea....what...no photos of Scott and Sean Sutton moving in Freshman at the Twin Towers?.....:rolleyes:

Mike Carter was out on campus yesterday  (or maybe it was Tuesday) helping out as well.  He opened the door at the Claudius dorm for my wife as we have a junior at ORU and 2 freshmen starting at ORU this year.

GEEZ, Jason....3 tuition payments at ORU?....God Bless you!....I guess you and your wife are now working 2 or maybe 3 jobs now?....lol....:o

• 3 weeks later...

As good as "Not As Big Chris" Miller looks in the picture at the top of this thread, I must report that I ran into Albert Owens in WalMart Monday night, and the guy looked fantastic.  I seriously thought for a minute from a distance it was Shawn Glover - THAT'S how lean he was.

Talked with him in line for a bit, he says the competition in the backcourt right now is pretty fierce between all the guys you might suspect, and said Emmanuel Nzekwesi is seeing time on the wing, which is really intriguing - I didn't realize he had a "face up" game on the perimeter.

If that's the case, the prospect of having bodies like Miller (5), Owens (4) and Nzekwesi (3) on the floor at the same time is fascinating - those are some big boys, even when trimmed down! :muscle: