Keni Jo Lippe, Regan Schumacher give verbals

BlueGold

I almost fell off my chair yesterday when I checked Twitter and saw this post in my timeline:

PWP Elite (Playing With Purpose) is a powerhouse Oklahoma AAU club team.  If you make the Elite team you are the cream of the crop within the PWP organization and Keni's on it before she's hit her senior year in high school, which is very impressive.  And never mind that they spelled University wrong... this is big time.

Keni Jo Lippe:
Class of 2017, Adair (Okla.) High School
5'10" small forward
22.2 ppg, 45% from three as a junior

From the Tulsa World, April 2016 (2016 All-State girls basketball gallery):
Powerful post presence who also shot 45 percent (69-for-152) from 3-point range as junior. Averaging 19.4 points over her first three varsity seasons. Part of state runner-up team as freshman and two other semifinal finishes. Also multiple qualifier to state track meet and part of Adair’s 2014 third-place finish in cross country. Holds offer from Oral Roberts.

Also had offers/interest from New Mexico, Denver, Abilene Christian, and at least a couple of non-D1 schools, which are mentioned in the article below.  I also know that she had follows on Twitter from the programs/people at TU, Arkansas and SFA.

The Tulsa World article by Mike Brown: Adair standout Keni Jo Lippe commits to play basketball at ORU

Love the references to Kevi Luper and Misti Cussen.

It's awesome to see us pick up these types of commitments, she is not only a potential program-changer on the court but also a potential world-changer off of it.  In her bio in the Vype Oklahoma Basketball Preview (November 2015) she said that she's been called into missions, and that "Everything I do is for the glory of God and when I'm older I will go on mission trip and spread God's word."  She's certainly committed to the right place for that, ORU as a University and a community has a heart for missions, I wouldn't be surprised to see her join a missions team right away and fulfill the Lord's calling on her life.

I've mentioned her name in some other posts I've written, hoping that one day she would commit to our program, and now that that day has come I couldn't be more excited.  It's also exciting to think that this could draw other good players to the program.  Good players want to play with other good players.  

Love her announcement as well:

Not to be outdone or to give less glory to her, but we also received a verbal commitment from Regan Schumacher, a 6'2" forward/center who's also a class of 2017.  She announced her commitment on Twitter on June 23rd:

I couldn't find as much information online about her, but her being 6'2" and not being a really skinny 6'2" is good.  She was an all-league honoree this past season in her region/district/area, and comes from a really strong program.

Both are eligible to sign their National Letters of Intent beginning with the early signing period, which runs from November 9-16 of this year.

• Upvote 1

Excellent info, BlueGold....Lord knows we needed some good news this summer!!!.....:clap::eagles::clap:

Great news to gain a commitment from a talented player in our own backyard who fits the vision of the university so well.

• 1 month later...