2017 interest / offers

ORUalum

Looks like another Victor Williams connection. Good contact to have.

• 3 months later...
50 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

I remember this kid in high school - played for his dad at Glencoe, where he they won three state championships in (I think) Class A.

If anyone from around here remembers Conley Phipps playing for HIS dad at Cleveland back in the 80's (before playing collegiately at OU and Northeastern State), he's that guy.  At Glencoe, Ty was tenacious and never met a shot he didn't like, and his junior college stats seem to indicate the same.

Let's just say that at 273 shots attempted, 42 assists, and 60 turnovers in 17 games this season, I doubt he's the big point guard I wanted for Christmas. 

But, he IS tall for a perimeter guy!

7 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Let's just say that at 273 shots attempted, 42 assists, and 60 turnovers in 17 games this season, I doubt he's the big point guard I wanted for Christmas. 

But, he IS tall for a perimeter guy!

:neutral:

• 2 weeks later...

Trejon Jacob has a 46% 3 point shooting percentage.  That is impressive at any level, including Juco.  Also, being 6'4" doesn't hurt.  The last player ORU had that averaged around 45% from 3 point range was Tim Gill.

• 2 weeks later...

Was reviewing Chris Crawford's numbers at Connor's State and noticed that he has a teammate (Bill Muse) who is the coach's son. 

Muse is shooting over 50% from behind the 3-point arc. I think he is listed at 6'2". Obviously don't know about his quickness or defensive ability  

http://www.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2016-17/div1/players/billmusejrlmi3

Who is our Tennessee connection? I know we used to have a pipeline a long time ago (Trickey, Brooks, etc).

looked up the coach's bio ---- he was an assistant at Ok State, but it was 40 years ago.  he's been at Walters St ever since.

no telling how these guys got on ORU's radar.

Ah....will we still sign guys with tattoos???....looks like Lewis would be a no go....|(

13 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Ah....will we still sign guys with tattoos???....looks like Lewis would be a no go....|(

LOL - that is some spectacular ink.

Can you say "moisture-wicking long sleeve undershirt" as required attire on game day?

And, when you really think about, can any staff coming off an 8-22 record really be concerned with superficial details re: a recruit such as tattoos?

If they can accept the ORU lifestyle and don't have a criminal record and can ball, I say "SIGN 'EM UP & COACH 'EM UP!!"  LOL

36 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

And, when you really think about, can any staff coming off an 8-22 record really be concerned with superficial details re: a recruit such as tattoos?

If they can accept the ORU lifestyle and don't have a criminal record and can ball, I say "SIGN 'EM UP & COACH 'EM UP!!"  LOL

Lack of size is the bigger problem. I've seen enough of PG's under 6'.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...