Top ORU Moments of 2015-2016

Old Titan

The countdown is at #11 for the "Top ORU Moments of 2015-2016"...

If the No. 1 "moment" for the entire athletic department last season is the men's basketball win over TU, I may barf.  :puke:

4 hours ago, Old Titan said:

If the No. 1 "moment" for the entire athletic department last season is the men's basketball win over TU, I may barf.  :puke:

This is ORU athletics now. Mediocrity and indifference are the norm. 

Doesn't #1 have to be the Doubleheader "must-win-both" victories over IPFW, clinching another Summit League tourney championship?  The fact that we ended the following weekend with "2 and BBQ" at the NCAA's was disappointing, but I still can't think of any else that even comes close this ORU athletic season.

14 hours ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Doesn't #1 have to be the Doubleheader "must-win-both" victories over IPFW, clinching another Summit League tourney championship?  The fact that we ended the following weekend with "2 and BBQ" at the NCAA's was disappointing, but I still can't think of any else that even comes close this ORU athletic season.

TrueBlue82 hitting the proverbial nail on the head once again.

Yep....gotta be the ORU baseball team in the Summit Tourney.....basketball is almost ready to take a 2nd fiddle to Ladies Volleyball.....:mellow:

This just in...

The Oral Roberts athletic department continued its strong work in the classroom and set a new school record with a cumulative 3.20 GPA for the 2015-16 academic year. Also, for the first time ever, all 16 teams finished the year with a team GPA of at least 3.00.

This may be a contender for #1.  And, while I am very proud of the athletic department, coaches and students for the strong performance in the classroom....I am also hopeful that we can build on this in future years to have BOTH solid academics and contention for conference championships/NCAA tourney appearances. 

• 2 weeks later...

So the ORU sweep of the Mayors Cup in Basketball was #6 on the list of top sports moments of the year and not #1 as we had feared.....they combined mens' and womans' basketball teams victories. It will be interesting to see what the Top 3 will be......:eagles: