Chi Chi Gonzalez

EagleManiac

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, Bogus Smith said:

Could Chi Chi and Jose be battery mates some day?

Didn't they have at least one game in Texas where Chi Chi pitched and Jose caught?  I thought I remembered this happening.  It would be pretty amazing to happen again with a different team!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Didn't they have at least one game in Texas where Chi Chi pitched and Jose caught?  I thought I remembered this happening.  It would be pretty amazing to happen again with a different team!

I stand corrected.  Chi Chi's last year in Texas was 2016 and Jose made his debut in 2018.  I think my remembrance was of a game that they played together during Spring Training 2016, but not in a regular season game.  Hopefully, it will happen sometime this season while they're both Yankees.

3 hours ago, TrueBlue82 said:

I stand corrected.  Chi Chi's last year in Texas was 2016 and Jose made his debut in 2018.  I think my remembrance was of a game that they played together during Spring Training 2016, but not in a regular season game.  Hopefully, it will happen sometime this season while they're both Yankees.

Wasn't there a spring training game where Cheech was pitching to Jose and Jose threw out Tyler Salandaro at second when they were playing the White Sox?  I think that may have been the time.  Also, there was a spring game where Cheech, Jose and Donnie Walton (Mariners) were playing and the three of them were photographed together.  Lots of Golden Eagles in the pro game!

• Upvote 1