ORU at South Dakota State

theeagleman5

Very impressive that the guys clinched the regular season crown and No. 1 Seed on the road, making this weekend at second-place Omaha basically an exhibition series.

What's Whatley's status?  Any chance he will see action vs. OSU Tuesday night and/or at Omaha, or is he on the shelf until the Summit League tourney?

Every game still matters.  I think if ORU were to win out they would have a shot at a 3-seed in a regional instead of a 4-seed, if they end up being fortunate enough to win the Summit League Tournament.

Earlier in the year the team struggled with winning the Friday night game of several Summit League series.  That makes me a little nervous about that 1st game in the tournament, but I believe this team is clearly the best team in the Summit League, so I expect them to come out on top in the tournament.  You know that in that 1st game and 2nd game, we will probably be seeing each teams best pitcher.