2016-2017 Schedule

Old Titan

Well, at least we now know why we couldn't have a home game for Homecoming...<_<

Geez.....that's still a sore subject...no men's homecoming game?....disgraceful......all because we are probably getting a $100K guarantee to play at Baylor...oh well....you would think Scott Drew would at least throw his old buddy, Scott Sutton a bone and give us a 2 for 1 deal so the Bears would come to Mabee Center in 2017....but I guess not.....too much too ask....<_<

58 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

you would think Scott Drew would at least throw his old buddy, Scott Sutton a bone and give us a 2 for 1 deal so the Bears would come to Mabee Center in 2017....but I guess not.....too much too ask....<_<

why play a road game when you don't have to?  their one true road non-conf game was scheduled for them as part of the SEC/Big12 challenge......everything else is home court or neutral site.

i just miss the days when Sutton and company were competitive in these games and occasionally knocked off the big guys.  ORU scares no one now.....why do you think OU/Kruger throws them on the schedule every year?

Do they really pay $100K for guarantee games now?

27 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

I just miss the days when Sutton and company were competitive in these games and occasionally knocked off the big guys.  ORU scares no one now.....why do you think OU/Kruger throws them on the schedule every year?

Frightfully true.

Yeah, hard to remain optimistic when the results have been so poor of late, and the cupboard appears so bare.

But, to carry on with the kitchen analogy:  we have evidence from previous meals that Scott knows how to cook.

The question is whether he's currently got the staff or the ingredients to make anything award-winning, or if he's just slingin' hash these days...

someone touched on it last season (maybe OT), but it seems like certain players on the team approach these games as "let me get mine" on regional cable television.

i'm beyond expecting an upset, i just want to see ORU keep these games close/competitive.  i guarantee the Sooner walk-ons have Dec 7 circled on their schedule.

On 7/2/2016 at 1:51 PM, ORUalum said:

someone touched on it last season (maybe OT), but it seems like certain players on the team approach these games as "let me get mine" on regional cable television.

Wasn't me, but I see your point:  when games get out of hand, poor teams typically splinter. 

True "teams", even if not very talented and on the short end of the score, keep trying to "run their stuff" in the face of adversity, and are better for it in the long run.

In the five or so years that I coached my son, we played a lot of of the same teams over and over again in tournaments around the area.  My fondest memory of that bunch was not a big win; it was a 9-point loss in a back-and-forth game to a great team that had beaten us by 30-or-so points every other time we played.  I knew my guys had given me all they had that game, and I couldn't have been more proud of them.  They stayed together, right down to the end.

Short of winning, I could settle for that sort of result in these big road guarantee games for ORU. 

What I can't stomach is another season of 20-point halftime deficits at places like Missouri State and South Dakota State.

at Creighton?....gosh, I hope that's a home and home series and not a guarantee game....:blink:

20 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

So there's a chance we could see Creighton twice if we run into them at the

Paradise Jam....

• Upvote 1

Also heard that the Richmond Spiders will be playing at the Mebee Center (don't know the date).  

That's three non-con home games so far - not bad!

12 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Also heard that the Richmond Spiders will be playing at the Mebee Center (don't know the date).  

That's three non-con home games so far - not bad!

This brings us to 27 games, including the Summit home and home schedule.  Is it reasonable to expect that we would be looking at three more games (for a total of 30) with at least one at home (and possibly/likely a non-D1)?

Will love to see Richmond in the Mabee.  Hopefully Creighton is a away/home or 1 for 1 series with Creighton coming to the Mabee next year. If so, that is a great get.  Finally, I also like a home/away with UALR.  These games will provide some nice homes games.

Richmond is a great mid major team to get to come to Mabee....and if we return the game next year it's only a 4 hour drive from Philly....:eagles:

One thing that bothers me is that "at-Creighton-at-Missouri-State-hosting-UALR" all happen within FIVE DAYS of each other (Dec. 14-19).

Lots of tired legs for that home game with the Trojans...

12 hours ago, TrueBlue82 said:

This brings us to 27 games, including the Summit home and home schedule.  Is it reasonable to expect that we would be looking at three more games (for a total of 30) with at least one at home (and possibly/likely a non-D1)?

i'd bet 2 non-D1 home games.....Sutton needs W's

2013-14 -- Cameron and Dallas Baptist

2014-15 -- Haskell and Tabor

2015-16 -- Tabor and John Brown