2016-2017 Schedule

Old Titan

15 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Geez, December is going to be just brutal - hope there's not too much of a hangover headed into conference play in January. :doh:

i'd put the o/u number for D1 wins before conference play at 2.5.

5 minutes ago, ORU82 said:

Perhaps we have adopted the motto, "Anyone, anywhere, anytime".  

More like:  "Anyone, anywhere, all in a row". :blink:

It's more like.....we need the money....we will play at your place for any price....$$$ Cha-Ching!!! $$$....:eagles:

1 hour ago, ORUalum said:

i'd put the o/u number for D1 wins before conference play at 2.5.

I'll take the over.

We have a couple of cupcakes at home and TU. So, that's 3 right there.

17 minutes ago, oruvoice said:

I'll take the over.

note that i stipulated D1 wins.

26 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

note that i stipulated D1 wins.

Reading comprehension was never a strong point for me...

2 hours ago, oruvoice said:

I'll take the over.

Voice's main purpose for getting involved in this thread was to group TU with the other D-2 "gimmies".

Just look at how it reads:

"We have a couple of cupcakes at home..."

(wait for it....)

"...AND TU!!!"

Well played, sir - well played.  :clap:

15 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Voice's main purpose for getting involved in this thread was to group TU with the other D-2 "gimmies".

Just look at how it reads:

"We have a couple of cupcakes at home..."

(wait for it....)

"...AND TU!!!"

Well played, sir - well played.  :clap:

You know me too well...

The athletic department is trying to spur more families to attend games by letting kids under 13 attend free with their parents/adults. I like the initiative and hope we see good results. Those kids will grow up seeing the Golden Eagles and hopefully become life long fans. They might even become students.

image.jpeg

On 8/25/2016 at 0:06 PM, ORUTerry said:

The athletic department is trying to spur more families to attend games by letting kids under 13 attend free with their parents/adults. I like the initiative and hope we see good results. Those kids will grow up seeing the Golden Eagles and hopefully become life long fans. They might even become students.

image.jpeg

I love it - I'm a big proponent of ORU Athletics becoming THE local "go to" for family sports entertainment, in a wholesome and affordable climate.

TRUE AMATEUR STUDENT-ATHLETES • TRUE SPORTSMANSHIP • TRUE VALUE!

NO Smoking

NO Drinking

NO Cursing

NO Worries!

On August 26, 2016 at 1:06 AM, ORUTerry said:

image.jpeg

Is this promotion only for families who buy season tickets? Or does it include families who purchase single game tickets? 

The end of August and still no official schedule release.......:eagles::mellow::mellow::mellow::eagles:

Can't recall ORU men's basketball schedule ever being released in September - latest date ever? #smh

8 minutes ago, Bad Blood said:

Can't release a schedule that ain't finalized, hoss.

Can't sell season tickets without a schedule, Little Joe.

Look, I get that "times have changed", and "TV and the conferences dictate everything", and "we can't control what the big boys do", and blah-blah-blah, but as I stated virtually word-for-word earlier in this thread, I firmly believe there's a direct correlation between not having a schedule earlier in the summer and the historically-low attendance recently for ORU men's basketball:  it's really hard to go all summer trying to sell season ticket packages when current and potential customers have no clue who ORU is playing, on what dates, and at what times (unless they read this message board ;-) ).

Would love to see what might happen with the season ticket campaign if there was actually A SCHEDULE TO PROMOTE - but I guess that's wishful thinking these days (for whatever reason).