ORU at OSU

theeagleman5

Big game in Stillwater tonight for the Good Guys....ORU and OSU both with identical 19-12 records......GO BLUE!!!.....:eagles:

Great win.  Our pitching seems to be pretty strong.  I didn't know at the start of the season what it would look like.

With the 4-0, three-hit win in Stillwater, ORU maintains their position in first place in the Big XII.  :-P

ORU has now won 8-of-10 from OSU, dating back something like 10 years.  That's incredible - and props to OSU (and OU) for continuing to play ORU every year of late (unlike those godless pigs in Fayetteville).

I agree with props to both OSU and OU.  Some P-5 teams would have taken their toys and went home never to play us again, such as that institution 90 miles away in Fayetteville.  I think all three of Oklahoma's D-I programs in baseball playing each other with home/aways every year is great.  I know that here in Ohio there is a D-I/P-5 program who refuses to play most of the twelve (12) other D-I programs in Ohio in any sport, and if they do, they insist the game occur on their campus in Columbus.  Of course, that institution is a legend in its own mind, and is absolutely panicked at the thought of sharing the stage in Ohio with anyone.  It is comical how they react when they do play another in-state program and get beat.  And lest I forget, well done Golden Eagles, great win!

ORU continues to play fantastic mid-week baseball against the big boys....last night's 4-0 win thanks to a fantastic team pitching effort led by Josh McGinn' 3 hitless innings and a 3 run HR by Michael Hungate....now if we can just start winning on Fridays.....this weekend 2nd place Omaha comes to Tulsa and ORU needs to get off to a good start....don't want to lose on Friday and be forced to play with our backs against the wall Sat and Sun.....time to put some distance between us and the Mavericks.....:eagles:

Watched the game of Fox SW - Great Win!

Although the TV commentators opinion was that we had a pop single followed by a pop single and then a HR on a bad pitch!  On the HR he didn't crush it as it only cleared the fence by two feet!  We also use our best pitchers in the midweek games rather than saving them for the weekend conference games.

Even with the above comments the TV guys were complementary to ORU.

Great win to set us up for a key weekend series with Omaha.

Geez,,,I know that OSU didn't throw their aces on Tuesday night but ,that was basically a bullpen game for ORU...and the Cowboys played their regular line up, right?.... TheEagleman understands that the Power Conference schools probably don't take the mid week games as intensely as a school like ORU does but still.....after being dominated the past half decade by the Golden Eagles....OSU has to show some pride, right?.....they aren't just mailing it in.....once the game starts it's not like ORU is playing all gung ho and OSU doesn't give a crap.....kids are still competitive and doing their best....I also have to believe that even if a school like OSU uses back up players in the mid week games that those players are probably just as good as a lot of our starters.....just sayin.....:eagles: