NDSU at ORU

theeagleman5

Finally a Friday night win for ORU as we pounded the Bison, 10-3....four hits and a HR each for Brent Williams and Trevin Sonnier....Bryce Howe with 7 innings of solid pitching giving just a lone hit and 3 runs.....ORU now 15-10 overall.....the series will be completed on Sunday with a DH because today's game was cancelled due to "unforeseen circumstances".....unforeseen circumstances????....HUH???......:mellow:

Heard from a totally unverified source that the whole team got food poisoning.

OUCH!!....how the heck will ORU be ready to play two on Sunday??.....not good for us.....:o

according to their web site the team was sick.  i know what it was like to have a team get sick on a road trip.  it happened to my high school basketball team in the early 70s.

what happens if NDSU can't go again today?

forfeit wins or makeup games later on?

That's tough...while TheEagleman would love to get two wins....it's seems not fair to take a forfeit...I would say make them up later if the schedule allows.....:mellow:

Eagles complete the sweep.  With Omaha's two losses at home this weekend to WIU, ORU takes over first place in the Summit - hopefully for good!

i kinda felt bad for NDSU listening today to Hax.....haven't had a home game yet and hit with food poisoning during a key conference weekend.

ORU did not play their best baseball and still got the sweep....:clap::clap::clap:

Well....TheEagleman also feels a bit sorry for the Bison and was wondering where they ate Friday night......but ORU improves to 17-10 overall and 7-2 in the Summit with the 6-3 and 8-6 victories today.....the next five games are on the road at Wichita State....3 at Western Illinois and then OSU before we come home for a huge series with Omaha.....:eagles: