2016 College Transfer List

Old Titan

File this under "stuff-you-find-while-eating-a-sandwich-at-your-desk" - here's the current ESPN college transfer list, with one interesting name that stood out to me:  Jake Hammond, 6'-10" sophomore from Comanche, OK, has announced he intends to transfer from Nebraska - wonder what his story is?

ESPN College Transfer List - 3/30/16

There's over 250 names on this list, and according to the author it's still growing. 

Considering that ORU has typically had one or two D-1 transfers on its roster for most of Scott Sutton's tenure*, wonder if any of these guys might end up at 81st & Lewis?

* Mickey Michalec (Texas Tech), Adam Liberty (K-State), Kevin Ford (Ball State), Marcus Lewis (Portland), Damen Bell-Holter (Missouri State), Drew Wilson (Missouri State), Rod Pearson (Southeast Missouri St.), Shawn Glover (Utah), Obi Emegano (Western Illinois), Darian Harris (Creighton), Aaron Anderson (Fresno State), just to name a few.

22 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

* Mickey Michalec (Texas Tech), Adam Liberty (K-State), Kevin Ford (Ball State), Marcus Lewis (Portland), Damen Bell-Holter (Missouri State), Drew Wilson (Missouri State), Rod Pearson (Southeast Missouri St.), Shawn Glover (Utah), Obi Emegano (Western Illinois), Darian Harris (Creighton), Aaron Anderson (Fresno State), just to name a few.

Adam Liberty was Wichita State; the K-State transfer was Curtis Allen

also i think DBH was a Mo State commit not a transfer; i believe he came to ORU via a prep school

• Upvote 1

Here is the news release:

University of Nebraska men’s basketball coach Tim Miles announced Tuesday evening that sophomore Jacob Hammond has decided to transfer from the Husker program following the spring semester.

“After discussing this with coaches and family, I have decided to transfer,” Hammond said. “I believe that finding a place closer to home will be in my best interest, and that is what I intend to do. Nebraska has taught me a lot, and I am truly grateful for everything that this organization and fans have done for me.”

“I support Jacob and his decision to transfer,” Miles said. “These decisions are never easy for a young man, his family or the coaches. I appreciate Jake’s hard work for the Huskers during his time here. He will be granted a full release, and we wish Jacob the best in his future endeavors.”

Hammond, a 6-foot-10 forward played in 29 games last season, averaging 2.2 points and 2.8 rebounds per game. He had a career highs of 11 points and 10 rebounds in a win over Tennessee on Nov. 28, at the Barclays College Classic. He will have two seasons of eligibility remaining after sitting out the 2016-17 season.

He grew up in the Dallas area before his family moved to Duncan, OK (Comanche high school). Hammond was recruited by OU, TCU and Texas Tech. I would think he is aiming for either TCU or Texas Tech - if they have room and still want him.

If he couldn't cut the mustard at Nebraska, not sure why he thinks he'd get more playing time at Texas Tech or TCU...?

Makes sense - but a 19-20 year old kid isn't always logical. Especially if friends and family are telling him how great he is and the coaches aren't utilizing him correctly. (I.e. Chris Crawford)