Jasauen Beard

74Titan

Where is Jasauen Beard nowadays? She seemed to be doing well at the start of the season. Now she has been dropped from the roster  She was highly touted, especially coming off a medical redshirt season going into this season. One could see, in the first few games of this season, that she's a talented young lady. Will she be coming back next season or not? Thank you for any positive input.

this season shows why it's silly to quit after 6 games into your career.  with 7 healthy players currently, she would be getting all types of minutes.

ORU used up a scholarship for 1.5 yrs and got 6 games (37 pts) in return.

Is this the wave of the future, the new norm--players quitting teams halfway through a season (or earlier)?

I don't know if it's the new fad but it is a bad decision. You don't get to play for another school the rest of the season and you also have to sit out the first semester of the next season.

It also doesn't give you a chance to see how the season develops. Like, say, when the team you left is down to 7 healthy players and is suddenly desperate for another player to give 25 minutes.

• Upvote 1

It is hard to understand how a team with 15 scholarships is down to 7 healthy players.  Not to open a can of worms but are female players generally more often injured and is that why they are allowed 15 scholarships?

Thank you, oruvoice, for the update. I agree with you, ORUalum, that quitting 6 games into the season-especially after getting a year of paid rehab-makes no sense, on paper. She would have had significant PT had she stayed, but that is conjecture. That being said-and no insinuation towards Jasauen Beard-character is worth more than talent. Coach Trickey once told me that the first thing he looks for in a player is "Is he coachable?" Interesting question. Again, I have no idea if this was the case, or an internal situation that the public doesn't need to know. 

By the way, the 6'4" girl from Hungary, who was already enrolled, dropped out of sight. The recruit from Greece (apparently) never showed up. Both would have helped up front. Two things which can't be taught are speed and height. 

I believe Rylie Torrey also left before the season but too late to fill her scholarship. So if you're wonder how 15 (actually 16) gets down to 7...

- 3 signees who never came (Torrey, Fejes, Rica)
- 2 sophomores who quit midseason (Beard, Doyle)
- 1 transfer ineligible until next season (L. Beatty)
- 3 currently injured players (Balla, Pitts, Gilbert)
= 7 healthy players, though it does look like Balla played last night, making 8

4 minutes ago, Bad Blood said:

I believe Rylie Torrey also left before the season but too late to fill her scholarship. So if you're wonder how 15 (actually 16) gets down to 7...

- 3 signees who never came (Torrey, Fejes, Rica)
- 2 sophomores who quit midseason (Beard, Doyle Oliver)
- 1 transfer ineligible until next season (L. Beatty)
- 3 currently injured players (Balla, Pitts, Gilbert)
= 7 healthy players, though it does look like Balla played last night, making 8

Thanks for the explanation.  Their success is impressive based on all the defections and injuries.