South Dakota at ORU

theeagleman5

Five losses in a row after that fine 8-2 start has been a real bummer....and the defense has been non-existent....the Good Guys can score but the opposition can score more....but this losing streak needs to stop at Mabee Center on Sunday night....this is our home court and we need to defend it....SD has had some nice wins over Milwaukee and Minnesota....but they have lost 3 of their last 4 and have given up 90+ in 3 of their last 5 games...the Coyotes also lost their Summit opener at home vs. IUPUI by double digits....ORU has to be embarrassed and TheEagleman is guessing that Coach Sutton has ridden the guys hard in practice over the past few days....I expect ORU to win this one and do so convincingly....it's time to put this thing behind us and get back on the winning track in 2016....Obi is a total beast coming off that 38 point effort at IPFW...expect another 30 against SD and we need Owens an Conley to step up and play...Martin, White, Jeffries, Bradley, Anderson and Young are all good players and I expect more....it starts against South Dakota with a 93-79 win....GO BLUE!!!!

how 'bout we don't start 5 guards again?

ORU needs bounce back games from Owens and Conley.

USD lost the other night as well, after they beat Minnesota earlier I thought USD might be a dark horse for a top 3 finish in summit.  well if ORU beats them, that might not happen.

good luck, Dan Jech is a pretty good player for USD, shut him down then you win.

Big game for the good guys tomorrow night. We've got to stop this 5 game skid, and we've got to do it against South Dakota who has some wins against solid mid-major opponents. They are no pushover. They don't have tremendous size, but can put up big points. Hopefully we come out ready to play some defense and come out with a W.

On another note, when did we start playing games on Sunday and Wednesday nights? That doesn't seem like a good move considering the church-going market ORU pursues. 

Although I hate the five game losing streak, much of the result can be blamed on the schedule.  Playing away from home for so long can really take it toll on a team.  But, taking a 30,000 foot view at the start of a new calendar year, ORUMBB fans really shouldn't be at the end of their rope.  While we missed some nice upset opportunities, we ended the non-conference season with a record better than most expected, and a road loss to a top-half Summit league team should not be a disappointment.  We are undefeated at home, have two quality road wins (JMU and Tulsa) - and only one bad loss (Missouri State).  Obi has proven that he can absolutely take over a game - and we have several newcomers who have shown that they will play strong complementary roles over the course of the season.  I still believe a 12-4/11-5 Summit campaign is very possible, which would take us to Sioux Falls as a top-three seed with a 20-10/19-11 record in a MUCH-IMPROVED conference. 

The schedule takes a more favorable turn as the games in January will likely tell the story of the season.  To earn a high seed, we need to hold serve at home and split on the road (win on the lower division team's home court).  In these eight January games (USD, at Denver, NDSU, at IUPUI, at WIU, SDSU, UNO, IPFW), we play most of the top of the league at home and the weaker teams on the road, so we may need to "run the table" to keep hope alive for the 12-4/11-5 mark.  But, it's one game at a time, and it all begins Sunday night!

• Upvote 1

ORU is listed as an early 6 point favorite over SD tomorrow night....its tempting to take the Good Guys....we are due to blow somebody out.....TheEagleman was wondering the same thing, Maniac....why is this game on Sunday instead of Saturday night?....:wacko:

has to be a travel issue for the sunday game huh?  it should've been on Saturday.  ndsu is doing a sunday game right now vs Denver, thinking they travelled a long ways too?  I dunno

TheEagleman just cleaned up on NDSU -8 vs. Denver....that looked too good to be true....Bison win by 26......easy $$$....might just let it ride on ORU tonight -5.5 vs. South Dakota... the Golden Eagles are overdue....;)

hope you skipped betting on ORU, Eagleman.....according to Hax:

"#orumbb will be without Obi Emegano tonight. Concussion suffered on alley-oop dunk at IPFW."

I heard that.....still taking ORU but very light.....this is a must win and I expect the rest of the guys to step up......:o

Bob "zero game prep" Carpenter is in fine form tonight.

felt bad for whoever that color guy is......"I did not hear a word of what you just said" - Sutton during the halftime interview:lol::lol::lol:

Well....I will still finish ahead for the day....but 19 turnovers in the first 28 minutes ain't gonna get it done...not looking good for tonite.....we are shooting 60% and still down 11......:ph34r:

Conley is a senior and needed to step up tonight.....a dead man could score as many as Conley in the first 33 minutes tonight.....ORU down 15 at home and will give up 90+ again.....no Obi is no excuse.......ugh!!!....:unsure:

ORUMBB is channeling ORUWBB tonight -- 20 turnovers leading to 32 pts off turnovers for SD so far.

edit: finish w/22 for 36 SD pts.

even without Obi this team should not be this bad...not sure what is going on. 

6 straight L's

22 TURNOVERS????....94 points given up at home???.....and our leading rebounder was a guard (Anderson) with 5???.......BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!....:angry:

3 of the next 4 on the road....with ND St at home. This could be a very rough start to the conference, and a hole too big to dig out of!

Well...on the bright side....we only have to win those 3 games in March to make the NCAA Tournament.....:rolleyes:

Quite possibly the worst defensive team Scott has ever put on the floor.

And, it's not for a lack of effort - they're just too dang small at every position (insert "beaten-dead-horse" emoji here).

Horrible body language from the entire coaching staff tonight, particularly in the second half - just sat back with disgusted looks on their faces.  Obi was up offering more encouragement than anyone on the payroll.

Not sure how the team reacts to that sort of thing, but here's how the octogenarian mother of my buddy seated next to me summed it up, without prompting late in the game:  "The ORU coaches look like they don't care".

Harsh criticism from an outsider perhaps, but frankly I was initially at a loss for words in response. 

I finally just blurted out, "Yes, it's very frustrating to watch".

...leaving it up to her, I suppose, (and you) to decipher just whom I was referring to as the frustrated witness...