Summit League thread...

ORUalum

up to #11 in latest RPI rankings and SDSU is currently spanking Minnesota.  

43-20...late in the first half.

i can't get over how well the league is doing in non-conference play.

I believe the Summit overall is improving greatly.  Glad to see the League's RPI at No. 11 and hope it continues to rise.

SDSU whipped Minnesota last night 84-70 after 18 straight losses to the Big Ten school...the Jacks are now 8-1 and the team to beat in our league....the Gophers lost 2 of 3 to the Summit in the past 10 days falling to SD also and fortunate to beat Nebraska-Omaha on a late basket.....SD also beat UMKC last night which handed SDSU their only loss of the season last week....so yeah, the Summit League is really smoking.... IUPUI is the only team under .500 at this point....B)

rpiforcast.com has added a "live" column.  it is pretty cool to look at.....it takes current score projections, predicts the game, and future RPI.  so you can see which games will affect a team's rpi and how much as they go final.

watched it last night as ORU's RPI bounced around from 37 to 43 and ended up settling back where it started at 39 when all the games were completed.

http://www.rpiforecast.com/live-rpi.html

• Upvote 1

"And now for something completely different" - here's some good ol' fashioned rivalry smack!

Won't be long till we'll be dusting off those videos of golden eagles attacking jackrabbits, coyotes, etc.

LOL....Creighton kicked some Cornhusker butt tonight....TheEagleman watched some of Mizzou beating Omaha....and Indiana pasted IPFW.....not a good night for the Summit....:blink:.

except for a miracle on Saturday, this may be the high point for ORU's RPI.   can ORU stay in the top 50 going into league play?

• 29 Oklahoma
  • 30 ORU
  • 31 New Mexico
  • 50 Tulsa
  • 57 Detroit

Even with the loss, ORU's RPI is at 14 as of Saturday night.

Road losses to highly-ranked teams don't necessarily hurt your RPI; it's losses (anywhere) to low-ranked teams that hurt your RPI.

that is some crazy voodoo...

• 14 ORU
  • 17 Oklahoma
  • 22 South Carolina
  • 29 New Mexico
  • 42 Tulsa

Yeah, well-known moron "mcane" on the Tulsa message board keeps lamenting the fact that, "since TU lost to ORU, their RPi will be ruined", using that misinformation as another excuse to end the series.

The clown doesn't realize that ORU at 14 and Little Rock at 8 (!) are the best RPI's of all the teams TU has played so far, and are the reasons why their own RPI of 42 is so good, despite three losses.

• Upvote 1

some of those TU fans are flat out delusional.

the Summit League is currently nipping on the heels of the American for 9th best RPI (.5291 to .5255).   crazy season thus far the Summit League....all the stars are aligning.

with a few weeks left in the non-conference slate; SDSU vs Texas Tech, ORU vs LSU, and SD vs Illinois look to be opportunities for the league to knock off power 5 schools.....with the Jackrabbits having the best shot.....SDSU is REALLY good.

Yeah....the Jacks are REALLY good at 9-1 and they have a good change to whip the Red Raiders at home....I don't see ORU winning at LSU but we should win at Missouri State and have a shot at New Mexico State.....2-1 over the next week would be nice....ORU, SDSU and NDSU are all really good....SD not bad either....:rolleyes:

The Summit League as a whole is currently 59-34 including IUPUI's 3-9......that's impressive.....:rolleyes:

I have been really impressed with ORU. Coming into this season I thought it would come down to SDSU/NDSU but from what I have seen and watched so far this season, it's looking more like SDSU/ORU. I watched the Oklahoma game and was really impressed despite the final score. You guys stuck with them for a good majority of the game. It's hard to stay with a team like the Sooners who are that offensively talented and can't miss from 3. 

I just hope SDSU gets Marshall back by early January. He has been out the past 2 games (@ Minnesota, UC Santa Barbra) with a foot injury. One of SDSU's better bench players (Skyler Flatten) also has been out the whole year with a knee injury and is expected back early January.

The conference season should be very entertaining.