Emmanuel Nzekwesi

ORUalum

This is where we have a significant advantage in our athletic department.  I'm sure that Mike Carter & Co. researched the visa issue and found a solution, before the scholarship was ever offered.

Yeah, I would think if everything was OK, we would have seen a press release from ORU announcing he had enrolled.

First semester is officially over; technically it's already second semester.  If he was good to go, I think they would have publicized it by now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hax asked about Emmanuel on the ORU Coaches Show...

Sutton said:

• has signed financial agreement with ORU
  • immediately eligible, but will redshirt this semester
  • recruited by ORU out of HS, but signed w/ Weber St.
  • Weber St could never enroll him because of Visa status; grades not an issue / great student
  • ORU studied the issue and thought they could find a solution
  • knew his coaches at the prep school he was in
  • great athlete and will be a good addition, will be classified a freshman next fall

This is good news and certainly will help next year. Coupled with Chris Miller, our front line should be stronger. 

• 2 weeks later...

Too bad he can't suit up tonight for ORU....:unsure:

Heard that he is cleared and could play now if we wanted him to - but have decided not to 'waste' him on a half year. He will practice with the team and get acclimated with D-1 basketball.

Was not expecting him to be as big as he is. He's tall and looks to be very strong. We're going to have depth at every position next year.