Sign in to follow this  
ORUalum

Kellen Manek (2016 PF)

theeagleman5

A 6-7 Power Forward staying in his home state to play at ORU?.....TheEagleman likes it!.... :clap:

TrueBlue82

And Kellen's younger brother, Brady (2017) has already received offers from the likes of Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Tulsa, Creighton, Santa Clara, Mercer, etc.  Wouldn't it be great to add another Mark/Jeff Acres tandem??? 

• Upvote 1

ORUalum

Manek Commits to ORU - PrepHoopsOK

08/16/2015, 2:15pm CDT
By Matt Reynolds

"I really like the coaching staff and the players," Manek said. "I think it is a perfect place for me to grow as a player and a student."

The recruiting process can be overwhelming for some players. Manek was pleased to get the recruiting process over to be able to focus on his senior season at Harrah.

"Getting the process over feels great," Manek said. "It can be very stressful."

Old Titan

Reminds me a lot of the 4's from the XDSU's:  tall, thick, a little slow of foot, but aggressive and able to play with his back to the basket on the block, or facing the basket on the 3-point line.  I would imagine defense will be his greatest challenge at the next level.

Will be interesting to see how he progresses in his senior year in high school!

• Upvote 1

ORUalum

High school notebook: Harrah's Kellen Manek commits to Oral Roberts - NewsOK

Manek was a first-team selection on The Oklahoman’s Little All-City team last season. An inside-outside threat, Manek led the Panthers in scoring (15.6) and rebounding (6.6) to go with 123 assists and 62 blocked shots in 28 games.

Kellen Manek said he and his brother briefly discussed the possibility of finding a college where they could play together

“We’ve talked about it a little bit, but I told him I wasn’t going to hold him to something if he had a better opportunity,†Kellen said. “We want to each find the place that’s the best fit for us. He’s blowing up big-time. His athleticism is getting him a lot of looks, so it’s been fun to see both sides of it.â€

theeagleman5

Hummmmm....sounds like the younger brother ain't coming to ORU.....but....ya never know....as mentioned above it came to pass with the Acres Brothers....EXPECT A MIRACLE!!!....... :nerd:

ORUTex

Maybe we need to hire their dad as an assistant coach. 

• Upvote 1

Old Titan

Maybe we need to hire their dad as an assistant coach. 

LOL - because that worked so well with Conley Clarke? #HWMNBN

ORUTex

Yep. But the Acres family worked out pretty well.

Old Titan

Yep. But the Acres family worked out pretty well.

Oh, I know - just teasing. 

For some reason that image of CC sitting on the bench, literally twiddling his thumbs in his two-sizes-too-small-suit-he-got-married-in, just popped into my brain. :blink:

ORUalum

Old Titan

I gotta admit, I didn't realize today was National Signing Day - thought it was later this month.

At least one more to come today, I suppose - R.J. Smith out of Olathe (KS).

• Upvote 1

theeagleman5

6-7.....at least ORU finally signed a front court player.....a nice get for the Golden Eagles!....:lol:

oruvoice

Add in Chris Miller from BTW, who is sitting out this year, and next year's frontline is looking a whole lot better!

Old Titan

Old Titan

Kellen's 7-0 Harrah team takes on 5-0 Atoka in the first round of the Tournament of Champions at the Mabee Center today at 5:30pm. 

You can watch all the games in the tournament via live streaming at okpreps.com - nice opportunity to see Kellen play against top competition over the next three days.

ORUalum

good start to the ToC for the Manek brothers...

Barry Lewis ‏@BarryLewisTW

Brady Manek had 20 pts. & 12 reb. while @ORUMBB signee Kellen Manek scored 19 to lead Harrah past Atoka 64-58. Bishop Coulter 24/14 #okpreps

ORUTerry

I like what I see from Kellen Manek. Looks like he will provide a post presence next year. 

Not sure that we have an available scholarship next year, but I wonder if we are looking at Bishop Coulter (Atoka)?

ORU GRAD

Got a chance to watch Kellen against Union. 26pts and 8 of 9 FT. Impressive and looks good. Took over  the last quarter. Next year could be good.

ORUTerry

Harrah defeated Union high school 47 to 41. Kellen scored 26 of his team's 47 points. His brother scored 13. Harrah will play Midwest City Wednesday evening at 8:30 for the championship.

ORUTerry
18 hours ago, ORU GRAD said:

Got a chance to watch Kellen against Union. 26pts and 8 of 9 FT. Impressive and looks good. Took over  the last quarter. Next year could be good.

Can you tell us what kind of game Kellen plays? Low post, perimeter, etc.?  What kind of rebounder is he? Nice to see that he make his free throws.

ORU GRAD

Terry,

• Kellen played low post and moved with ease to the post and even play out front handling the ball . This young man can do it all and is not selfish . He only took over when the game was on the line. He is not flashy but steady. With this years freshman and the newcomers next year, we can be just a little excited. He has a good inside game. The competition tonight will really tell where he is with others his equal. Midwest City is tough.