Kellen Manek (2016 PF)

ORUalum

A 6-7 Power Forward staying in his home state to play at ORU?.....TheEagleman likes it!.... :clap:

And Kellen's younger brother, Brady (2017) has already received offers from the likes of Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Tulsa, Creighton, Santa Clara, Mercer, etc.  Wouldn't it be great to add another Mark/Jeff Acres tandem??? 

• Upvote 1

Manek Commits to ORU - PrepHoopsOK

08/16/2015, 2:15pm CDT
By Matt Reynolds

"I really like the coaching staff and the players," Manek said. "I think it is a perfect place for me to grow as a player and a student."

The recruiting process can be overwhelming for some players. Manek was pleased to get the recruiting process over to be able to focus on his senior season at Harrah.

"Getting the process over feels great," Manek said. "It can be very stressful."

Reminds me a lot of the 4's from the XDSU's:  tall, thick, a little slow of foot, but aggressive and able to play with his back to the basket on the block, or facing the basket on the 3-point line.  I would imagine defense will be his greatest challenge at the next level.

Will be interesting to see how he progresses in his senior year in high school!

• Upvote 1

High school notebook: Harrah's Kellen Manek commits to Oral Roberts - NewsOK

Manek was a first-team selection on The Oklahoman’s Little All-City team last season. An inside-outside threat, Manek led the Panthers in scoring (15.6) and rebounding (6.6) to go with 123 assists and 62 blocked shots in 28 games.

Kellen Manek said he and his brother briefly discussed the possibility of finding a college where they could play together

“We’ve talked about it a little bit, but I told him I wasn’t going to hold him to something if he had a better opportunity,†Kellen said. “We want to each find the place that’s the best fit for us. He’s blowing up big-time. His athleticism is getting him a lot of looks, so it’s been fun to see both sides of it.â€

Hummmmm....sounds like the younger brother ain't coming to ORU.....but....ya never know....as mentioned above it came to pass with the Acres Brothers....EXPECT A MIRACLE!!!....... :nerd:

• 2 months later...

Maybe we need to hire their dad as an assistant coach. 

LOL - because that worked so well with Conley Clarke? #HWMNBN

Yep. But the Acres family worked out pretty well.

Oh, I know - just teasing. 

For some reason that image of CC sitting on the bench, literally twiddling his thumbs in his two-sizes-too-small-suit-he-got-married-in, just popped into my brain. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

I gotta admit, I didn't realize today was National Signing Day - thought it was later this month.

At least one more to come today, I suppose - R.J. Smith out of Olathe (KS).

• Upvote 1

6-7.....at least ORU finally signed a front court player.....a nice get for the Golden Eagles!....:lol:

• 1 month later...