7 forwards:
Dorka Balla, 6-1 Jr
Jasauen Beard, 5-11 RFr
Blair Bryce, 6-5 Sr
Fruzsina Fejes, 6-4 Fr
Faith Ihim, 5-9 So
Maria Martianez, 6-3 Fr
Esther Udoumoh, 5-11 So

Lakota is sitting out this season after transferring from OSU.  Love seeing her and Ashley at ORU together.

Ashley has star written all over her.

KayKay returns after not playing last season.  Two years ago she was our second-leading scorer and best three-point shooter by percentage.

Bria will sit out the first semester after transferring from Arkansas after the first semester this past school year.  She's listed as a junior but she only played one season at Arkansas so I listed her as a sophomore in terms of eligibility.

I'm hoping Jasauen is on her way to a full recovery from the ACL tear she suffered just before last season started.  If so, she will really help us.

Blair Bryce- here for her final season, played her first three at Belmont, redshirted her first year there.  Love that she's 6-5 and has three years of D-1 playing experience.

Six return that played last season- Jordan Doyle, Jordan Gilbert, Jayden, Dorka, Faith and Esther.  All except Dorka were freshman.

Love the size that our new internationals Fruzsi and Maria bring with them, hopefully their games will translate well on this side of the pond.

No Rylie Torrey, who left, reason or reasons unknown to me.  What a shame.

No Tijana Raca, from Greece, who supposedly signed last November but isn't listed on the roster.  Again, for reason or reasons unknown to me.  I think she and her family have connections with former assistant coach Bojan Jankovic, so my initial thought was to check Wyoming's roster, but she's not on it.  Again, it's a shame, from what I know about her she can really handle the ball and shoot.

Replacing Vicky will be really tough, and we also have to replace Atoe Jackson, a starter and our number-two scorer.  We bring back a lot of experience and talent and we've added talent and D-1 experience with our transfers, and our newcomers are talented, so we'll see. 

Now we wait for the release of the non-conference schedule.

• Upvote 5

Outstanding synopsis, Blue.....TheEagleman loves it!....keep that inside info coming!.... :clap:

Thanks Eagleman but you're way too kind, if I really had the inside info I'd know why players we signed showed up and left or didn't show up at all!

It is crazy what you can find these days on the web and with social media.  Sometimes the facts are right out there, which is how I found out the info on Blair Bryce, and sometimes I can put two and two together and connect some dots through things on social media.

Now we wait for the release of the non-conference schedule.

i've seen @ Baylor and @ Ok State the last few days as they have released their non-conference schedules.

@ Tulsa

@ OSU

@ Arkansas

@ Baylor

Return games likely @ Missouri State, @ Eastern Michigan and @ Grand Canyon.

Will we have any non-conf home games?  Figure there will be one against a non-D1 school, maybe around the same time as the Tournament of Champions in late December like we had last season.

• 1 month later...

This season's roster was released yesterday:

7 guards:
Ashley Beatty, 5-9 Fr
Lakota Beatty, 5-8 Jr
Jordan Doyle, 5-6 So
Jordan Gilbert, 5-10 So
KayKay Mayberry, 5-6 So
Jayden Oliver, 5-7 So
Bria Pitts, 5-8 So

7 forwards:
Dorka Balla, 6-1 Jr
Jasauen Beard, 5-11 RFr
Blair Bryce, 6-5 Sr
Fruzsina Fejes, 6-4 Fr
Faith Ihim, 5-9 So
Maria Martianez, 6-3 Fr
Esther Udoumoh, 5-11 So

Fejes no longer listed on the roster:     http://www.oruathletics.com/sports/wbkb/2015-16/roster

Edited by ORUalum