ORU vs. Arkansas

theeagleman5

ORU leads 2-1 in the 4th inning thanks to a pair of runs in the first.....Trujillo pitching well.....GO BLUE!!!.... :clap:

Man, I can't tell you how much I want to beat Arkansas.

The only team I want to beat more is OSU!

thru 5:  ORU up 3-2.....a really good college baseball game.

getting hammered in the bottom of 6........ouch!     Ark has already plated 3

Not looking good, Voice....ORU down 6-3 now in the top of the 7th....we gotta get the bats going....haven't done much since the first frame..... :sweat:

Not looking good, Voice....ORU down 6-3 now in the top of the 7th....we gotta get the bats going....haven't done much since the first frame..... :sweat:

ORU needed to chase Killian in the first when he was on the ropes and pitchers up in the bullpen.  He managed to limit the damage and settle in.  It's been all Arkansas since then.

It will take quite a miracle now. I'm still believing.

It will take quite a miracle now. I'm still believing.

Just got half a miracle. Hope you can get the other half.

edit: Darn. Good luck tomorrow.

8-6 loss for ORU....If the bullpen had done their job we could have pulled off that miracle in the 9th.....but alas.....TheEagleman expects that we will be playing the Red Storm of St. John's in an elimination game tomorrow afternoon....any word on the availability of X or will we be going with Howe on the mound?....... :|

8-6 loss for ORU....If the bullpen had done their job we could have pulled off that miracle in the 9th.....but alas.....TheEagleman expects that we will be playing the Red Storm of St. John's in an elimination game tomorrow afternoon....any word on the availability of X or will we be going with Howe?....... :|

To be fair, had we not added those insurance runs we wouldn't have bulled Jackson. Phillips, the guy who gave up the 3 runs, is a guy we typically throw out of the bullpen in midweek games. You can see why.

Great game, though. You guys have some pretty good hitters. Patient at the plate, and can really square it up. Hopefully we do not see you guys again until Sunday. 

• Upvote 1

Eagleman,

Tulsa World said:  staff day if they won, Howe if they lose.

so we should see Howe on the bump for the next game if that was correct.  i have a feeling we will not see X.

You just might see ORU again in an elimination game if we beat St. John's and OSU whips up on Arkansas.....but that's a long way off......maybe the Red Storm will pull the upset tonight???.....but likely not....and that's not good news about X....wouldn't bode well for ORU advancing to the finals without one of our top 2 starters..... :nerd:

You just might see ORU again in an elimination game if we beat St. John's and OSU whips up on Arkansas.....but that's a long way off......maybe the Red Storm will pull the upset tonight???.....but likely not....and that's not good news about X....wouldn't bode well for ORU advancing to the finals without one of our top 2 starters..... :nerd:

Which is very possible. The Hogs can beat ANYONE in the country, and I do mean anyone. However, we can lose to just about anyone, too. We took 2 of 3 from the Aggies on the road when they were #1 in the country and rolling, but lost to Southeast Missouri State and Gonzaga. If we lose against OSU tomorrow, then we have no shot of winning the regional. We do not have the pitching to advance through the loser's bracket.