The Haves and the Have-Nots

ORUJason

An interesting article about athletic department funding sources for non-power conference universities.  

Many of the public schools can simply lean on the state legislatures to provide more funding, but what about the private institutions.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2015/05/26/ncaa-athletic-finances-revenue-expense-division-i/27971457/

• 2 months later...

Just read about MAC schools instituting "cost of attendance" stipends this year. Apparently, so is the Sun, AAC and Mountain. Anyone know how we or the Summit are handling this?

• 3 weeks later...

Just read about MAC schools instituting "cost of attendance" stipends this year. Apparently, so is the Sun, AAC and Mountain. Anyone know how we or the Summit are handling this?

NDSU will do full cost of attendance for every sport in 2016-2017. Not sure about the rest of the league, I could see Denver doing it and I guess the SD schools are looking at it. 

Today USD announced they will fund cost of attendance for all student athletes. I also saw an ESPN article that said Denver and IPFW will do it for men's basketball while IUPUI has for now decided not to do it.