NCAA Regionals

Old Titan

I've been hearing a lot of the "yeah, but ORU beat Oklahoma, Texas Tech and Arkansas in mid-week" talk. I suppose that's normal. In 2006 Oru beat Arkansas 5-4 in mid-week action. They also swept Oklahoma State 5-2 at home and 13-2 over there. Then we know how the regional went. I know it's been nearly a decade but I was there every step. I see and feel many similarities. Who knows. We could go 2 and Q. I know I'll take our guys every day of the week. Incredible bunch. Can't wait.

One of the Big 12 conference representatives at the Big 12 baseball tournament was interviewed on sports radio and he was insinuating that the power conferences pitch a 4th or 5th starter during a mid-week game while the non-power conference teams pitch their ace and that is why the Big 12 teams don't always win the mid-week games.  

What a lame excuse which isn't often even true.  That is embarrassing for them to have lost enough mid-week games that they have to make excuses about it.

Thank you Tex and Bad Blood. I couldn't find it on espn3 yesterday but a search this morning shows the game is going to be streamed PTL.

Here's a pretty balanced preview from a Pokes blog. One of my best friends from HS graduated from OSU. He sent this to me. He says he's nervous. http://pistolsfiringblog.com/previewing-the-stillwater-regional/

Yeah, these "power" schools are funny. Both OSU and Arkansas used to play us home/home in basketball too...until we beat them.

Now, it's been a decade plus and neither of them have been able to find their way to Tulsa.

Funny how they "look" at things...

Of course I meant Oklahoma state in place of Arkansas in early part of post. Oklahoma State vanished off the schedule after 06 losses. I'm ready to roll the ball out. Glad these regional rivals will have the opportunity to get after it soon.

• Upvote 1

I do not think Arkansas is overlooking you guys. We have lost to plenty of bad teams this season, so a team with the talent that ORU has can certainly beat us. You guys will be one of the best non-conference opponents we have faced, and better than a few SEC teams, too. Your bats worry me.

As for the posters saying we may not host a super regional, IF we win this regional we will host. Iowa's RPI is irrelevant. Missouri State cannot host, and if Iowa or Oregon win the other regional it becomes a bid process. Arkansas may not have that great of a team, but very few teams can offer the facilities and attendance that Arkansas can in baseball. We will have 10k+ in attendance for each game of a super regional. With that said, we have to worry about getting out of this regional first, and I am not sure we will. All 4 teams have quality players, and we probably have the worst bullpen in the regional.

Who will you guys be throwing on Friday?

We are going with Trey Killian. His numbers were great last year, but he hurt his elbow pitching for Team USA, and missed the first few weeks of the season so they are less than spectacular this season. He has been inconsistent most of the season. He pitched 6 or 7 scoreless last week against Tennessee, so maybe he is coming along. There have been games where he gives up a ton of runs and gets rattled early. If he isn't on his game Friday, you guys can chase him early and get a big lead. You never know what you will get with our pitching staff. I am definitely looking forward to getting this thing started on Friday. This is probably one of the toughest regionals, but I think it is anyone's regional.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Hogfan for your kind words. As for us, we are just a bunch of over weight and uncoordinated white kids who cannot hit, pitch or run from a bush league conference who has played no one all season. Quite frankly you should concentrate on OSU and forget about us. We are just a small school, no talent no money bunch of religious fanatics. Further, our motto pretty much sums up our approach: "Expect a miracle".

Thanks Hogfan for your kind words. As for us, we are just a bunch of over weight and uncoordinated white kids who cannot hit, pitch or run from a bush league conference who has played no one all season. Quite frankly you should concentrate on OSU and forget about us. We are just a small school, no talent no money bunch a religious fanatics. Further, our motto pretty much sums up our approach: "Expect a miracle".

That's easily the best scouting report on the Golden Eagles that I've ever read. Very accurate and insightful. But you left out that our stadium stinks.

You are right Otis, I was just to embarrassed to get into the whole JLJ Stadium thing, and I use the term "stadium" loosely.

Who will you guys be throwing on Friday?

We are going with Trey Killian. His numbers were great last year, but he hurt his elbow pitching for Team USA, and missed the first few weeks of the season so they are less than spectacular this season. He has been inconsistent most of the season. He pitched 6 or 7 scoreless last week against Tennessee, so maybe he is coming along. There have been games where he gives up a ton of runs and gets rattled early. If he isn't on his game Friday, you guys can chase him early and get a big lead. You never know what you will get with our pitching staff. I am definitely looking forward to getting this thing started on Friday. This is probably one of the toughest regionals, but I think it is anyone's regional.

Trujillo

Thanks Hogfan for your kind words. As for us, we are just a bunch of over weight and uncoordinated white kids who cannot hit, pitch or run from a bush league conference who has played no one all season. Quite frankly you should concentrate on OSU and forget about us. We are just a small school, no talent no money bunch of religious fanatics. Further, our motto pretty much sums up our approach: "Expect a miracle".

Yeah, but at least we don't go to family reunions looking to "hook up" with someone... :inlove:

Uh oh, shots fired.

This seems like simultaneously the toughest and most wide open regional in the field, no result would surprise me.

It should be interesting once everyone gets into their pitching a bit.

Uh oh, shots fired.

It's an old Jeff Foxworthy joke - couldn't resist.

Still steamed from the drunk Hog fans "accidentally" spilling their drinks on us from the "suites" in Baum Stadium when ORU beat the Hogs in the first-round game of the 2006 regional.

We weren't exactly sitting right beneath them - it took some effort on their part.

Yeah, but at least we don't go to family reunions looking to "hook up" with someone... :inlove:

To be fair, NWA is far nicer than Tulsa. As far as the rest of Arkansas, well you may be right...

It's an old Jeff Foxworthy joke - couldn't resist.

Still steamed from the drunk Hog fans "accidentally" spilling their drinks on us from the "suites" in Baum Stadium when ORU beat the Hogs in the first-round game of the 2006 regional.

We weren't exactly sitting right beneath them - it took some effort on their part.

Even if you told me that happened at an ORU-Arkansas midweek game in Tulsa, I would still believe it.

That fact may also make the SEC Network worthwhile, for once.