Nashville, TN (Vanderbilt)

Louisville, KY (Louisville)

Tallahassee, FL (Florid State)

Gainesville, FL (Florida)

Coral Gables, FL (Miami)

Fullerton, CA (Cal State Fullerton)

Los Angeles, CA (UCLA)

Lake Elsinore, CA (UC Santa Barbara)

My top 5 preferences for ORU (and my 16th):  1. Stillwater  2. Springfield  3. Champagne  4. Houston  5. Fort Worth  16. Dallas*

*I would rather play overall No. 1 Seed LSU than Dallas Baptist again.  I'm serious.

Please, oh please, is there ANY way ORU and OSU could be joined in Stillwater by AUBURN, with my dear old friend Sunny Golloway at the helm?

If you haven't been following Sunny lately, here's just a taste:

1.  Led the Tigers to their best start in five years and a national ranking, before...

2.  Locking Alabama out of the Auburn batting cages for two games, until SEC officials demanded he allow the Crimson Tide to use them per league rules, which led to...

3.  Alabama sweeping three games from the Tigers at Auburn, for the first time in over 30 years, which prompted...

4.  Sunny cursing out the Alabama coaching staff from across the diamond in the final game, which was followed by...

5.  Sunny refusing to speak to the media about the altercation following the game, which started...

6.  Auburn losing 7-of-10 to close the season, finishing 9th in the SEC, and then...

7.  Losing 2-of-3 in the SEC tournament to stand at 35-24, which led Sunny to say:

8.  "I think we're a lock for the NCAA tournament - no question."

Sunny being Sunny:  some things never change...

• Upvote 1

i want no part of OSU.  they won't be looking past ORU and have a score to settle after the 2 mid-week losses.

Missouri St  would be my number 1 choice

Also of note: Baylor canned their coach today.  They are idiots if they don't hire DBU's coach.  (still don't get why OU passed on him)

That's a great Sunny story....sounds like he got almost as mad as when his daughter appeared in a certain men's magazine several years ago.......lol.....and TheEagleman agrees....let's hope we draw Missouri State in Springfield...... :nerd:

There are 22 teams that have auto bids with a worse RPI than ORU. The best of those 22 teams is Wright State with an RPI of 46.

ORU has an RPI of 37. Since there are only 64 spots and 22 have been taken by teams 46 or worse, that means there are only 42 spots left for at-large bids.

There are some interesting teams around 40 in the RPI that might not make the tournament:

Georgia Tech 38

California 39

Norte Dame 40

Ohio State 41

Maryland 42

Tulane 43

Alabama 44

North Florida 45

UC Irvine 47

Nebraska 48

There are some heavyweights in that group and this makes me think that if we had not won the Summit League we might have been on the outside looking in.

i want no part of OSU.  they won't be looking past ORU and have a score to settle after the 2 mid-week losses.

Missouri St  would be my number 1 choice

Also of note: Baylor canned their coach today.  They are idiots if they don't hire DBU's coach.  (still don't get why OU passed on him)

I sincerely think ORU is every bit as good as OSU this year, if not better.  Would be great for the families of the Oklahoma kids to get to see them so close to home.

If you want to go strictly on which regionals might have the most vulnerable hosts, then consider Cal State Fullerton, also.  They're only 34-22 this year, and have some really bad losses, including a 3-game sweep at the hands of Indiana.

For some reason, I see us being assigned to Springfield as a 3 seed, with a first round game against a BCS conference team like North Carolina, NC State, Virginia or Auburn.  Their RPIs (mid 20's) and ours (mid 30's) would fit well for a 2 vs. 3 matchup.

And, don't be surprised to see DBU and the Longhorns face off in a round one 1 vs. 4 battle.

• Upvote 2

For some reason, I see us being assigned to Springfield as a 3 seed, with a first round game against a BCS conference team like North Carolina, NC State, Virginia or Auburn.  Their RPIs (mid 20's) and ours (mid 30's) would fit well for a 2 vs. 3 matchup.

And, don't be surprised to see DBU and the Longhorns face off in a round one 1 vs. 4 battle.

I think that would be the ideal draw, host, seeding, etc.

Definitely. I'm sure ORU would see that regional as a best case scenario.

from @CB360updates 

• Auto. Bids – Final RPI (Warren Nolan)

03 Florida

04 UCLA

07 Missouri St.

09 Florida St.

15 Radford

24 East Carolina

25 Fullerton

27 UNCW

37 Oral Roberts

46 Wright St.

49 La.-Lafayette

53 Stony Brook

61 Michigan

66 St. John's

67 Columbia

71 Lipscomb

75 San Diego St

86 Texas

97 VCU

107 Mercer

112 Morehead

113 Pepperdine

121 Ohio U.

126 Bakersfield

133 Houston Baptist

142 FIU

157 Texas Southern

193 Canisius

221 Sacred Heart

231 Florida A&M

239 Lehigh

We're headed to Stillwater!

We'll face Arkansas on Friday, with OSU and St. John's on the other side of the regional.

I hope we can get some fans up there to cheer on the boys.

If this is true, it gets better:

Good break for OSU or winner of Stillwater Regional as Mo State can't host a Super Regional with conflict with Springfield Cardinals.

— Robert Allen (@RAllenGoPokes)

May 25, 2015

Why on earth did the committee name Missouri State a top-8 seed and potential Super Regional host when their home field is unavailable?  Will they host it instead at some other park in Springfield if they advance?

If not, could JL Johnson be hosting a Super Regional if ORU and MSU both advance?

• Upvote 1

Great matchup with Arkansas.  They are always tough but this hasn't been quite the year they expected so they are beatable.

If we make it through this regional, we could play a super regional at Missouri State, the lowest rated national seed.  That is a gift to not have to go through LSU, UCLA, Miami, etc.

This represents a great opportunity for ORU to advance to the CWS.

ORU vs. Arkansas at noon Friday 5/29.  ORU will be the visiting team.

OSU vs. St. John's at 6:00pm Friday 5/29.  OSU will be home team.

The ORU vs. Arkansas matchup is also televised nationally on the SEC network.

• Upvote 1

By RPI, this is one of the easiest regionals:

OSU 11

Arkansas 35

ORU 37

St Johns 67

One of the last comments by the commentator on ESPNU was that St. Johns would be a 4-seed who could possibly advance out of this regional.  Seems strange to me when their RPI is fairly weak.  I believe he also said that St Johns is probably the best 4-seed.  I guess that is because so many of the 4-seeds seem to have weaker RPIs than in previous years due to several conference upsets.

How about Houston Baptist winning the Southland Conference tournament.  I'm sure that SHSU, SFA, etc. cannot be happy about that.