NCAA Regionals

Old Titan

#OKState’s season comes to an end, falling to St. John’s, 2-1. Cowboys end the year with a 38-20 record.

— Cowboy Baseball (@OSUBaseball)

May 31, 2015

ORU's two regional opponents, St. John's and Arkansas, playing for the championship tonight.

Having watched (most of) all the games these past three days, I'm convinced of two things: 

1.  In relation to the other regional sites, Stillwater was STILL the best place for ORU to be sent, because the Golden Eagles had a great chance of beating the host Cowboys to advance (they just never got the chance).

2.  No. 1 Seed OSU was arguably the weakest of the 4 teams competing this week in Stillwater.  St. John's and Arkansas are both really talented teams, and even with the pitching injuries, ORU was just a notch below.

St. John's changed their mascot from Redmen to Red Storm at least 10 years ago......but they are now gone....Arkansas wins and advances to the Super Regional..... :nerd:

The obnoxious behavior of Arkansas fans makes it impossible for me to acknowledge their teams' achievements.

Was appalled Friday afternoon to hear one Hog fan, several rows behind the ORU dugout, direct a racial slur at the top of his lungs toward an ORU player in the batter's circle.

Perhaps equally disgusting is that, when I whirled around and looked back to see who said it, the majority of the 100 or so Arkansas fans surrounding the moron that I suspected simply winced, laughed or smiled, and just shook their heads.  Not one of them said a word to him.

You know, I'm not so naive to think there will never be bigots in the world.  It's the inevitable result of physical or cultural ignorance.  But, I will never forgive the masses CONDONING it, especially in a public setting.

Between that sort of behavior and the ridiculous "calling the hogs", it's no wonder why so many people consider Arkansas fans to be hillbillies... |(

I agree OT. Our pitching injuries cost us a potential opportunity and we caught the Hogs and St Johns when they were hitting their stride.

No. 1 Seed OSU was arguably the weakest of the 4 teams competing this week in Stillwater. St. John's and Arkansas are both really talented teams, and even with the pitching injuries, ORU was just a notch below.

Perhaps the media agreed: the All-Regional team included four players from Arkansas, three from St. John's, plus Anthony Sequeria and Matt Whatley from ORU - not one Oklahoma State player was voted to the list.

• 2 weeks later...

Arkansas defeated Missouri State 2 of 3 last weekend....so the Hogs advance to the CWS starting this weekend in Omaha...... :puke: