ORU vs. IPFW Summit Title Game

theeagleman5

41-14....who would have imagined....not TheEagleman after the past two seasons...but this ORU team has performed amazingly and deserves all the credit.....looking forward to Monday afternoon to see where the Golden Eagles are headed....I expect a 3 seed... :nerd:

Just when it appeared that the Tulsa World could not make it more clear that they don't really care about ORU' baseball, the page 2 small-article headline in today's TW is "ORU blanks Fort Worth to win title".

Seriously ... Fort Worth??

Just pitiful.

ORU goes 5-1 against the Big 12, wins 41 games, and the hometown paper doesn't even pay enough attention to know the Eagles beat Fort WAYNE.

• Upvote 1

Just when it appeared that the Tulsa World could not make it more clear that they don't really care about ORU' baseball, the page 2 small-article headline in today's TW is "ORU blanks Fort Worth to win title".

Seriously ... Fort Worth??

Just pitiful.

ORU goes 5-1 against the Big 12, wins 41 games, and the hometown paper doesn't even pay enough attention to know the Eagles beat Fort WAYNE.

Michael Peters, Sports Editor, had this to say about the snafu on Twitter:

Sometimes those things happen. https://t.co/zwcptSatOz

— Michael Peters (@mgpeters23)

May 24, 2015

I think that speaks volumes, not only about how he views ORU, but how far the sports department as a whole has sunk in recent years.  Sheer apathy; very little accountability and/or credibility.

ORU was so fortunate this past year to have a young go-getter like Ben Johnson covering men's and women's basketball.  Which was basically a fluke:  Peters didn't care enough (or didn't have budget enough) to assign a salaried staff writer to the beat; Ben was a stringer just looking for any gig they would give him. 

Just plain lucky he turned out to be a good writer with a lot of initiative.

The Fort Worth oversight was pretty bad. However, the newspaper industry is being ran on shoestring budgets so I don't think it is personal, it is just the sad reality of the state of the industry. However, if they knew anything about ORUs conference, they would not have made that mistake.

The Fort Worth oversight was pretty bad. However, the newspaper industry is being ran on shoestring budgets so I don't think it is personal, it is just the sad reality of the state of the industry. However, if they knew anything about ORUs conference, they would not have made that mistake.

Oh, I think it's both:  they don't much care about ORU, and no one up the line (ie. owner Berkshire Hathaway) is holding them to much of a standard.

So what is more condemning of their ineptitude or inattentiveness? That they didn't catch an obvious typo or that someone in the sports dept doesn't know that there is not a D1 school named Ft Worth in a city around 250 mile from Tulsa.