ORU vs. IPFW Summit Title Game

theeagleman5

Golden Eagles and the Mastodons in the bottom of the 2nd and scoreless....IPFW is the home team....Bryce Howe on the mound for ORU.....GO BLUE!!!... :nerd:

Afenir goes yard in the 4th....ORU still batting 1-0 good guys in the top 4th..... :clap:

First of all, I'm loving ESPN 360.  I've got the game on my laptop hooked up to the TV in the family room so I can watch the game with my boys.

This is probably a stupid question.  If we are the #1 seed why aren't we the home team in this game?

I wondered the same thing about why we are batting in the top of the inning when we are the #1 seed.

I think they flip a coin....if we lose game one then we are the home team in game 2.....but hopefully it won't matter...ORU is up 3-0 with IPFW batting in the home 8th.....four more outs needed and ORU will be dancing.....Howe is pitching a brilliant four hitter..... arguably his best outing of the season....Sequeira coming on for the save..... :nerd:

Top of the 9th now....3-0 ORU....only three more outs to go!......GO EAGLES!!!.... :clap: :clap: :clap:

5-0 now. Looking really good. Pitching with Howe and Sequeira has been so solid.

6-0 now and BTW the stands are empty since SDSU was eliminated last night. There might be 50 people in the stands and there is no atmosphere in the ballpark. It will be nice to have the tournament back in Tulsa next year.

• Upvote 1

Congrats to Coach Folmer!  I know that had to feel real good after the last 2 years.

Nice win for the boys. Really hope we can get one of the close regionals so I can go for a game or two.

College Sports Madness has us projected in the Fort Worth regional right now. D1 baseball projects us to Stillwater. Fingers crossed.

Congratulations on a masterful Summit League season, as dominant as any in ORU's long rein at the top in the conference.

Former ORU SID Cris Belvin said it best in a tweet with the classic Pete Townsend lyric: "Meet the new boss...same as the old boss".

I don't know if the Summit follows the same rules as the NCAA when it comes to home/visitor arrangement, but this is how the NCAA does it for the regionals:

For first-round games, the highest-seeded team shall be designated as the home team. In subsequent games, the

home team shall be determined according to a formula applied by the games committee. In determining which of

two teams in any game will be the home team, the games committee or the NCAA site representatives uses the

following guidelines:

1. The institution that has been the home team the fewer number of times in that particular tournament shall be

designated the home team.

2. If the two teams are equal in this respect but unequal in the number of times they were the visitor, then the

team that has been the visitor more often will be designated the home team.

3. If the two teams are equal in the number of times that they have been home and visitor, the games committee

or the NCAA site representatives shall observe the following procedures in the order stated:

a. If the two teams have met previously in that particular tournament, the visitor in the previous game

shall be the home team in the game in question.

b. The team that was visitor in its preceding game shall be the home team, unless both teams were visitors

in their preceding games.

4. If the above procedures do not resolve the matter, the home team shall be determined by a coin toss. The

coin toss will be held on the field immediately after the game that causes the situation to develop and both

coaches are to be in attendance. The higher seeded team can determine whether they will call the coin toss,

or defer the call to their opponent.

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/PRE%20RD%20Participant%20Manual%20-%20ALL%20-%202015.pdf

And congrats on the tourney win.

A dominating performance.  You gotta like the momentum of winning the conference tournament with a shut out.

Thanks for the info Hammersmith

look who joined twitter....(sharp looking tie in that avi :D )

Congrats to Golden Eagle Baseball. Back to the regionals. Proud of this team.

— Mike Carter (@ORU_AD)

May 23, 2015
  • Upvote 1

Congratulations on a masterful Summit League season, as dominant as any in ORU's long rein at the top in the conference.

Former ORU SID Cris Belvin said it best in a tweet with the classic Pete Townsend lyric: "Meet the new boss...same as the old boss".

Order has been restored.

• Upvote 1