ORU at IPFW

theeagleman5

The Good Guys travel to Fort Wayne this weekend for a big series with the Mastodons.....IPFW is in 3rd place in the Summit and headed to the playoffs at 12-12....overall they are having a decent season at 25-19 so these guys are no pushover.....ORU is going strong at 19-5 and 32-13 but will need to bring the A game up in Indiana.....the Eagles could clinch the #1 seed this weekend depending on what SDSU does at NDSU...we swept IPFW back in March and scored a ton of runs...TheEagleman sets the over/under for ORU runs scored this weekend at 24....... :nerd:

So the teams are playing a DH on Friday and the finale on Saturday due to expected weather issues?.....sounds ominous...... :sweat:

ORU already up 7-3 in the 3rd inning of game one today at IPFW....Whatley has belted a 3 run HR....appears that a lot of runs are gonna be scored in Fort Wayne this afternoon.....TheEagleman is already liking the OVER this weekend IF we get all 3 games in.... :nerd:

ORU now up 10-3 in the 5th inning....we are still pounding the Mastadons' starter who is being thrown to the Wolves....at this rate ORU might go over my number in the doubleheader today..... :nerd:

Trujillo is rolling along and ORU now leads IPFW 13-3 in the 7th inning....the bottom of the lineup is on fire as Cummings, Martinez and Stafford all have 3 hits in Game 1. Go BLUE!...... :clap:

Game 1 is in the books as ORU ten run rules IPFW 13-3.....the Eagles piled up 16 hits in just seven innings.....a victory in Game two should clinch at least a tie for the #1 seed in the Summit Tournament..... :nerd:

Thanks for the updates, Eagleman. Love the bats this season.

Looks like a pitchers duel in game two.....scoreless in the top of the 3rd inning....Altamirano off to a strong start on the mound for ORU.... :|

ORU has taken a 4-0 lead and now batting in the 6th.....HR by Afenir and a 2 run double by Stafford....Altamirano has 7 Ks already and it's been smooth sailing on the mound for the first 5 innings....GO BLUE!..... :nerd:

Altamirano is still rolling thru six innings now....he has 9 Ks and has given up 6 hits.....ORU still holding on to a 4-0 lead over the Mastadons....TheEagleman is headed home from the office for the weekend....looking good for a possible DH sweep today..... :!:

Looks like we held on for the sweep, 4-3 in the second game. As Eagleman noted, that guarantees at least a share of the Summit League title (at 21-9 if we lost the last 4 and SDSU wins out), and the magic number to clinch is now 1. That could happen with a SDSU loss tonight (or tomorrow or Sunday) or an ORU win tomorrow.

ORU now at 34-13 for the season...I thought we would fare better in the Summit League but TheEagleman never expected that kind of record in 2015 after the past two years in the Southland.....this team could very well be playing into June.... :nerd:

ORU now at 34-13 for the season...I thought we would fare better in the Summit League 

You expected a conference record of better than 21-5???  Our last three years in the Summit, we finished 19-9, 21-7, and 17-6 in the regular season.  With the addition of a very respectable Omaha program since our Summit departure, I think a 21-5 record (and a strong probability of finishing with 24 or 25 wins) is quite remarkable.  Winning 80% of matchups in ANYTHING (especially baseball, with the variables of pitching, weather, and field conditions) is pretty impressive.

That said, I would agree that losing two of three to SDSU at home was very surprising - and creates some potential drama for the Summit tourney in Sioux Falls in two weeks.  

Sorry, Blue....my statement wasn't meant to sound that way....just saying that I thought we would have a better year than we've had the past 2 seasons because of the move back to the Summit....but even I did not expect 34-13.....I think 21-5 in the Summit and 13-8 in non-league play is a tremendous comeback....much more improved than I ever thought....if we can win four of our final five regular season games a 38-14 season is beyond my wildest expectations..... :nerd:

It's 74 and cloudy in Ft. Wayne this afternoon...looks like they should get the series finale in despite the call for t-storms later....IPFW is up 1-0 in the first inning.... :|

I just re-read your original post within the context of your explanation - and I can definitely see what you were trying to say.  I just totally misinterpreted your message.  Thanks for clarifying! 

IPFW stretched the lead to 2-0 but Sequira has just tied it up with an RBI single at 2-2 with ORU still batting in the 4th.....Bryce Howe is on the mound for the Eagles.... :nerd: