Vicky-- WNBA draft pick!

BlueGold

Congrats to Vicky, very well deserved!

With the No. 20 pick in the 2015 @WNBA draft the Storm select 6-7 post Vicky McIntyre (@VickyMcIntyre34) from @ORUAthletics!

— Seattle Storm (@seattlestorm)

April 17, 2015

With the 20th pick in the 2015 #WNBADraft, the @SeattleStorm selects @VickyMcIntyre34 from @ORUWBB!

— WNBA (@WNBA)

April 17, 2015

She's the first ORU women's basketball player to ever be drafted in the WNBA Draft.

CONGRATS!!!!......... :clap: :clap: :clap:

She just keeps setting record after record and getting honor after honor...I'm so glad she decided to come to ORU for her final year of college play! She has been an absolute blessing. I wish her the VERY best as she prepares for her career in the pros! I don't think we'll see another player like her for a while...although I hope I am totally wrong about that!

I am counting the days until the new season starts..........where is that season ticket order form???? :talk:

Not in the WNBA.

WNBA wasn't a league when Kisa graduated.

Although, I do give props to the coach before Jerry that recruited and brought in Kisa!

Yes. It was the ABL that Kisa was drafted into.

But, yes I agree...The coach before Jerry brought in ORU's first women's pro player and Misti brought in the second!

ORU has had some very good women's coaches that have been able to bring in players that made the pro's...Rick and Misti!!!

John D. Ferguson, Tulsa World

June 21, 1997

(excerpt)

Oral Roberts University center Kisa Bradley had a professional basketball choice to make after graduation.  The 6-foot-5 scoring and blocking machine could play a relatively short summer schedule in the inaugural season of the Women's National Basketball Association, or try the longer American Basketball League schedule. Selecting the WNBA would mean playing in the summer and then moving across the Atlantic to compete in the European women's league. The ABL would mean only six months of criss-crossing the United States.

The answer was a no-brainer for Bradley: The ABL was for her.

Kisa was never selected in the WNBA Draft and never played for a WNBA team.  She was drafted in the third round by and played one season (24 games and 85 minutes in 1997-98) for the San Jose Lasers of the ABL, which was a separate league in competition with the WNBA.

Isn't the internet wonderful?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has Vicky signed with Seattle yet?...wonder what kind of $$$ she will get in the WNBA?..... :nerd: