Misti Honored In Chapel

ttowncount

Today (Wednesday) in chapel President Wilson honored Misti by presenting her a plaque and reading an email message which had been forwarded to him by Mike Carter; Mike received it from a fan who attended the Summit league tournament in South Dakota. It was a long and flattering email message about the observations he made of Misti's behavior throughout the tournament. I hope someone will be able to get the full message and post it here. It was very impressive!!

• Upvote 1

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Yep. You'd have to be a TOTAL MORON to not realize what a great coach and person we have as our head women's basketball coach.

And really, the same goes for the entire staff. Even though they don't get the recognition, our assistant coaches are also FANTASTIC on every level.

I'll bet Fink never got recognized in a chapel....... :?:

Eagleman, I know you're just kidding around, but I'm pretty sure Fink WAS recognized in chapel, and if he wasn't, he should have been.  Jerry is a fine man, a very good coach, and significantly raised the level of the ORU program during his tenure.  We don't need to drag Jerry down in order to prop Misti up - she can stand very well on her own.  I am very grateful to have had Jerry as our coach - and thrilled that Misti was chosen as his replacement - and I hope they BOTH succeed!

No knock on Coach Fink....just stirring the pot with another poster who will go unnamed.....always wish Jerry the best in his career.... :nerd:

I am pretty sure Coach Finkbeiner was honored at least once in chapel. Coach Fink was a wonderful coach at ORU and had several great seasons at ORU. His win over Western Illinois when WIU was so dominant was classic.

• Upvote 1

Geez....lighten up dudes....TheEagleman was just joking....no problems with Coach Fink.....heck, I hope he wins the darn NCAA title.....I remember when we used to have a few laughs on this board....guess it's a new age...let's bring Valpo back to the Summit so I can really get in trouble...... |(

• Upvote 1

My intention was only to remind/inform others about Coach Finkbeiner's success at ORU. Sorry if it sounded like anything other than that.

Misti is coming on strong after a slow start but Coach Fink had some really good years....is he still struggling at Utah State?..... :sweat:

Slow start? Misti won the conference title and went to the NCAA tournament in her first year as head coach...

Jerry, while a fine man and a good coach for much of his tenure at ORU, went 8-23 this year at Utah State.

Lol guys! Misti won her first year with players that didn't belong to her, she fell flat on her face when she recruited her own!

Try this on for size voice!!! No fink, no misti

Correct. He did not.

He also didn't make it to the NCAA tourney with Kevi, Jaci, etc. Misti did.

However, he did take a 20+ win team at USU and turned them into an 8-23 squad, within 3 short years. A feat Misti will have a hard time surpassing!!

And you are right, however, he never had kevi and jaci healthy other than their freshman year, misti did.  We can argue all day but im right, then end