ORU at Western Illinois

theeagleman5

The Good Guys travel up to Macomb this weekend for a 3 games series with WIU.....the Leathernecks stand 4th in the Summit and are a not so good 9-17 overall....ORU is on an 11 of 12 roll and we need to keep that going up in Illinois....TheEagleman is reviewing our projected rotation for these games and wondering why Giller and Trujillo are not listed....are they injured???..... :sweat:

This is a series where ORU's bats should be active....TheEagleman is setting the over/under for ORU runs scored in this series at 24...... :nerd:

Eagleman,

Giller and Trujillo both were pulled in the 4th or 5th inning from their last starts against SDSU with arm issues.  I'm sure Hax will update their status during his broadcasts this weekend. 

The arm issues seem to be piling up with Garza, Stout, and now two of their weekend starters. :sweat:

Oh boy...that's not good....our young guys are going to have to step up.....makes you wonder about Trujillo and Griller both going deep into games early in the season....maybe their arms weren't stretched out yet....this is why a lot of Major League teams hesitate on taking college pitchers high in the draft..... :sweat:

Eagleman, I'll take the "over" on the 24 runs - since we piled up 19 in seven innings today before the game was called by the ten-run mercy rule.  We may need a lot of runs over the next two days, since our pitching rotation is a mess - but we've proven that we are capable of scoring runs on the Leathernecks.

Lol....had we played the full nine yesterday we might have hit the over in the first game of the series....19-1....what a powerful performance....yes, our starting pitching is in shambles this weekend but it was fine yesterday and hopefully ORU can get enough runs to sweep this series....game two coming up shortly.....GO BLUE!... :clap:

The run-rule weekend continues. 10-0 win for the good guys in seven innings.  Howe and Hightower combine on a three-hitter for the Eagles.

Wow!...even TheEagleman didn't think we would pass my over/under # of 24 in the first 11 innings of the weekend....ORU wins 10-0 today and is 29-1 for the weekend over WIU...we thought our pitching might have issues but the guys have given up only that lone run....we got a HR and 3 RBI from Noah Cummings today and a 4-4 game from Dean Wilson....tomorrow we go for the sweep....Eagles now a gaudy 23-10 overall and 12-2 in the Summit.....GO BLUE!!!... :nerd:

TheEagleman was worried about pitching but ORU hurlers thru up another goose egg on WIU this afternoon in a 5-0 victory to sweep the 3 games series in Macomb.....T. Buss started and tossed 5 1/3 scoreless frames....James had a HR for the Good Guys who are now 13-2 in the Summit and 24-10 overall.....ORU travels to Stillwater for a rematch with the Pokes on Tuesday evening before heading up to NDSU next weekend.....the Golden Eagles are on a roll!!!..... :clap:

Two quick questions from TheEagleman.....1) any news on injuries to Giller and Trujillo?....2) Why does our baseball team wear the old ORU logo with the flame but our other sports teams don't use it at all?...don't get me wrong....I like the old logo....just wondering why the baseball team uses it.... :!:

Derrian James has kind of had an amazing stretch, going back to the series at SDSU:

7 games, 16-32 (.500), 16 RBI, 3 HR, 5 2B's, including the go ahead double against Texas Tech.

Two quick questions from TheEagleman.....1) any news on injuries to Giller and Trujillo?....2) Why does our baseball team wear the old ORU logo with the flame but our other sports teams don't use it at all?...don't get me wrong....I like the old logo....just wondering why the baseball team uses it.... :!:

Hax mentioned that Giller is going to be out for a while so that's not good, and that they were resting Trujillo this past weekend, which hopefully means he'll be back pitching soon, hopefully as soon as next weekend at NDSU.  He also said that Logan Domenico, who's been hurt and has only played in 13 games, was on the trip and could be back soon.  

I like the flame logo too and hope that baseball continues to use it.  I loved it when basketball did the throwback Titans warm up shirts this past season and wouldn't complain if they did something with the flame.  It would actually be cool to have all of our teams use it in some way.  And I know this was brought up in a basketball thread but I wouldn't complain- if we're keeping Golden Eagles- if we updated our mascot.  We need a tougher and stronger representation of Eli or of a Golden Eagle.