Texas Tech at ORU

theeagleman5

The Red Raiders come to JLJ today for a rematch of the series split down in Lubbock a couple of weeks ago.....ORU is on a roll and TTU is still ranked 23rd in the nation.....should be a fun game.....GO BLUE!!!... :clap:

That is awesome. Pulled it back over the wall, hope he's ok.

ORU takes the lead 5-4, B8 on a Derrian James 2-out double off the wall.

• Upvote 1

That game had a little of everything:

HR true robbery by Martinez.

Dean Wilson, with runners on 1st and 2nd in the 5th, hit what appeared to be a fair ball down the left field line get ruled foul.

Roark getting thrown out at home, tagging on a fly to left.

James' go-ahead double came off Tech reliever Custred, who had an 0.00 ERA in 8 appearances this season.

And of course, Sequeira having another "do-it-all" game. 2-3, RBI, 2 SB's and the save. Seems like a quiet game with everything else.

I love it when the Eagles win! Great job today! Who's our next victim--er--I mean, opponent? :talk:

Also, I will never quite understand the college baseball polls in relation to RPI. Texas Tech came in ranked 23rd in the NCBWA poll with an RPI hovering around 80 and a SOS of 63. They were also still lurking right outside the Top 30 in BA's poll this week.

ORU's RPI has momentarily moved up to 35th, with a SOS still in the 40's (depending on the source) despite having now started Summit play. But I haven't seen any talk of this team yet. Getting rolled in a four game set at DBU, and losing the series to La Tech early in the season probably doesn't help, but the opening series win over Memphis will end up looking better than expected. Going 4-1 so far in midweek games against the Big 12 can't hurt either.

Great game today! Let's keep it rolling!  :clap:

Big win against a good Top 25 team by ORU......TheEagleman loves it!!!.... :clap:

• Upvote 1

When we were swept by DBU earlier this year, I had the feeling that we would be seeing them again in a regional... and that our experience against them would prove to be to our advantage. I still think a NCAA matchup is a real possibility - and I like our chances. With our non-conference record against a very good strength of schedule, we should be able to avoid the dreaded #4 seed and not have to play a #1 seed (usually in their ballpark) right out of the blocks.

Great win with clutch hitting and strong pitching for a mid-week game. This team seems mentally tough. It will be interesting to see us perform in post season.

Notice that the Tulsa World buried the 'story' on page 2. It consisted of 2 or 3 sentences. Pathetic, but par for the course.

The Tulsa World hasn't changed much in 40 years.... |(

TW probably wanted to make sure they saved enough room for coverage of that exciting Bedlam game on Tuesday.

It is sad when the best program in the State (based upon head to head comp) does not get better props from TW.

With the changes in the newspaper industry, the writers are understaffed and overworked. I'm not saying I like it, but rather than there being a hidden agenda, it is a simple lack of resources to provide better coverage.

And, whether we like it or not - even though the results this season are in our favor - the fan base the Tulsa World caters to is heavily weighted to orange or crimson.

I'm just kidding mostly. I know how far down ORU is on the food chain. And I'm guessing the two state schools don't travel to Tulsa for a Bedlam series game (or to JLJ for midweek games) to be behind ORU in the newspaper.

Would DBU be a candidate to host this year? I've seen two projections of a Dallas Regional with ORU as a 4-seed with DBU, Texas and Rice. If we HAD to be a 4-seed, I would definitely take that.

But with so many of the usual powerhouses in the region not being as strong this year, I would be surprised if ORU didn't end up as a 3 in Stillwater or Fort Worth.

Fun fact: DBU has played in four NCAA regionals in their short history and has never been a 4-seed, and has traveled as far as Fort Worth twice and Waco once. Not that I'm complaining.