NEW BASKETBALL COURT!

SOLO_Gold

According to Mike Minyard, via Twitter, the ORU basketball team will be playing on a brand new court this Fall!

@MikeMinyard "Just met with some folks to discuss the new basketball court we are having installed along with the graphic scheme and design."

According to Mike Minyard, via Twitter, the ORU basketball team will be playing on a brand new court this Fall!

@MikeMinyard "Just met with some folks to discuss the new basketball court we are having installed along with the graphic scheme and design."

Of course, he may not be referring to the Mabee Center.

This could be for MM's new man palace, complete with a St. Louis Cardinals logo in the middle. 8)

Mike Minyard?....name sounds vaguely familiar.... :ugeek:

they will start on the new floor august first

it will be even more beautiful than the arobic center floor

just wait and see things are changing at oru.

a whole new look!!! :rofl:

You mean Aerobics Center floor?... :roll: .....any more word on new uniforms for both basketball teams?....those gold unis from the past few years have to go....the ORAL ROBERTS print across the front is too small and cheesy looking....gold uniforms are OK but go with the same ORU script like the blues and whites.... :ugeek:

any chance they lose Eli at mid-court? i'd prefer the diagonal ORU w/the flame like the baseball team uses instead.

Amen to that idea, Alum....TheEagleman doesn't mind a small Eli somewhere on the court but not in the middle....bring back the ORU retro look!.... ;-)

You mean Aerobics Center floor?... :roll: .....any more word on new uniforms for both basketball teams?....those gold unis from the past few years have to go....the ORAL ROBERTS print across the front is too small and cheesy looking....gold uniforms are OK but go with the same ORU script like the blues and whites.... :ugeek:

completely agree w/your thoughts on the gold uniforms. i'd also like to see them use throwbacks for games like homecoming and HOF night. they used them once in the past and i think it was a big success. larry owens blew out his fro and several players wore high socks.

changing up uniforms is becoming a big deal to players/recruits. look no further than what the university of oregon does. of course it does not hurt when you have all that phil knight / nike money.

click on thumbnail below for info on new court. oh well...

post-93-0-08694600-1310145501_thumb.jpg

I like Eli - always have.

And I like Baseball being the only one that uses the flame logo - makes it distinctly their own.

BTW: we lost the HOF game against UMKC when we wore the throwbacks, before a huge crowd, and on regional TV. :doh:

I like Eli - always have.

And I like Baseball being the only one that uses the flame logo - makes it distinctly their own.

BTW: we lost the HOF game against UMKC when we wore the throwbacks, before a huge crowd, and on regional TV. :doh:

All three are great points, OT. Some HATE the Eli logo, but I'm with you - I like it. Now we'll have twice as much for Mike Watson to stomp on!!

I've heard that there are those in the athletic department that don't really like the flame. I don't know if that's true or not - may just be hearsay.

I admit, though, I LOVE the flame logo, and how it represents so much about ORU and what it stands for. It harkens back to the original call placed on the heart of Oral Roberts: "Build Me a university. Build it on My authority and on the Holy Spirit." It represents the core teaching and beliefs of the University. It echoes the earlist logos associated ORU athletics. It represents the physical appearance of the campus, where flames have been used as part of the architure, and especially the Eternal Flame that tops the Prayer Tower.

Personally, I'd love to see the flame return in some way as part of our general logo. Until it does, that's all the more reason to be a baseball fan, I guess! :nerd:

I agree with OT and TMH. I like the Eli at half court and more is better!

Also, the ORU flame logo has definitely been associated with the baseball team for the last 10 years or so (maybe longer) and I like that unique association.

When TU plays at ORU this year and Doug Wojcik drags the chairs out on the new basketball floor during every timeout, I certainly hope that his team and coaching staff are careful not to sit on any part of the Eli logo; and while they're at it, try not to scratch up the brand new floor. :rolleyes:

This is just my opinion.

The flame logo needs to be removed from the baseball team hat, although I must admit I'm torn on the issue. While the flame is a pretty cool logo and statement, it looks terrible next to an entirely different typeface on the uniforms; not to mention that our athletic department should have brand consistency throughout. This isn't the wild west where each department should get to choose what represents them best. We should have 3 factions of our logo: the arched ORU letters, the eagle, and something that officially says "Golden Eagles".

I do agree with those who say we should have throw-back uniforms. ABSOLUTELY, we should. We need to pay homage to the limited but rich history of ORU and alumni without compromising the strong brand statement we should put forth as a university.

Bottom line is, right now we look like we have an identity issue.

I don't hate the idea of having a big Eli on the court. The bird is marketable. Although I, like many, believe we could have a "better" eagle, this again is just my opinion.

I agree with OT and TMH. I like the Eli at half court and more is better!

Also, the ORU flame logo has definitely been associated with the baseball team for the last 10 years or so (maybe longer) and I like that unique association.

When TU plays at ORU this year and Doug Wojcik drags the chairs out on the new basketball floor during every timeout, I certainly hope that his team and coaching staff are careful not to sit on any part of the Eli logo; and while they're at it, try not to scratch up the brand new floor. :rolleyes:

They need to put tennis balls on the legs of all the chairs on the TU end of the court! ;-)

resizedTennis%20ball%20chair%20legs.jpg

ORU should have the blue, white, gold and 70's throwback uniforms....who needs Phil Knight when we have Mart Green?.... ;-)

I sure hope we keep "Expect a Miracle" on the sideline. It seems so apropos.

Are we gonna keep the same color of wood? No chance that we'd get Boston Celtic parquet or the light wood that the Houston Rockets play on?