ORU at Loyola-Chicago

theeagleman5

from the Sutton post game:

-likes the pieces coming back next year

-recruits in this weekend

-Aaron Anderson will make us better next year

-got to go get a couple guys that will help our rotation immediately

And in other news, Tulsa gets waxed by Murray State, 83-62. By the way, if any team got hosed by the selection committee, it was Murray State. They should have been in the Big Dance. Except for a last second fade away 3 in the OVC Championship by Belmont, they would have been dancing. Instead of either Texas or Okie State, Murray State should have been an at-large.

TheEagleman agrees....Murray St at one point won 16 games in a row in the OVC....they are like 28-6 or something.....the Racers were hosed.... :nerd:

Haven't watched Tulsa much this year but watched the game last night. Are they really that bad? No shooters and none of their post guys can score to save their lives. Just a bad game? Their D just kept letting Murray st shoot open 3's all game.

Murray st let up some at the end or it would have been a 30 pt game at home. Ouch. That's a tough one.

They will need to recruit some to be better next year also.

I was not able to watch the game, but hope to catch it on replay in the next day or so. A review of the statistics shows that we were seriously out rebounded (24 to 43) by a pretty bad rebounding team. In my estimation, that was the determining factor in the game. We shot 40.3% for the game (25 of 62) versus their 53.1% (26 of 49). Both teams shot well from behind the 3-point line. ORU only committed six turnovers. Loyola shot 35 free throw to our 22 - although we only had 22 fouls to their 23. That tells me they drove to the basket or shot layups while we relied on jump shots.

Emegano was only 3 of 13 (23%) as a result of being double teamed all night. I assume that they followed the script and played him very physical.

Conley was 2 of 2 from the field and grabbed 4 rebounds in 25 minutes. Wonder why he did not take more shots.

Obviously Young had a good game - scoring a career best. Word also contributed - late in the game.

Owens only played 9 minutes grabbing 1 rebound and 2 blocks.

I look at it this way, we played I believe 6 or 7 games without Korey and acquitted ourselves fairly well. We could have folded after his suspension. Instead, I would like to believe we learned a few things about ourselves including not quitting. However, I do hope Korey is back next year.

• Upvote 1

if you had ORU +6.5, you are really mad at Darrian Harris right now for that last meaningless foul.......BAD BEAT!!!!!!!

YOU MEAN LIKE THIS??

FullSizeRender.jpeg

I almost threw my laptop across my Vegas hotel room at the end.

But, in Darrian and everyone's defense, I never figured I had a prayer of covering until about a minute to go - it was a gutty comeback.

Still.... :@ (LOL)

• Upvote 1

I notice your thumb over the "ticket cost". Just hoping your didn't lose your daughters college tuition on that one! :clap:

I notice your thumb over the "ticket cost". Just hoping your didn't lose your daughters college tuition on that one! :clap:

It was enough to remind me that I need to find a new hobby. :doh:

TheEagleman was glad he laid off this one...I almost pulled the trigger on ORU +6.5 but decided no.....I did however clean up on Wichita State, NC State and Michigan State this past weekend.....my betting record in college basketball this year has been amazing.....just lucky I guess....I have only lost four games all season out of 35 bets.....lol....chaaa-ching!.... :nerd:

TheEagleman is looking for that special Sweet 16 matchup to place a wager on.....I will have to do some research....looking for those live dogs like the 3 I had last weekend....I don't think it will be WVA or UCLA....both of them should get roasted.... :nerd:

LOL...yeah, well I didn't fare so well on football in 2014...but the college roundball has more than made up for it....I am gonna take it easy the rest of the tournament and just enjoy being ahead.....should have bet Murray State the other night.....I rally liked them +4 points but I forgot to make the wager.... :|

And in other news, Tulsa gets waxed by Murray State, 83-62. By the way, if any team got hosed by the selection committee, it was Murray State. They should have been in the Big Dance. Except for a last second fade away 3 in the OVC Championship by Belmont, they would have been dancing. Instead of either Texas or Okie State, Murray State should have been an at-large.

Reminds me of a game I attended back in 2005 where a guy on the seven-seed team drained a trey from the corner to knock off the one-seed and end up in the tournament.

• Upvote 1