Ron Hunter Injures Himself celebrating

ORUIsbig

TheEagleman saw that on the news....that's typical Ron Hunter....glad to see him the tournament....but he won't be dancing..... :nerd:

Hate to admit it, but I chuckled a bit when I first saw this. You would think he would have had better conditioning - he spent more time on the court than most of his players!

saw him making the media rounds on Monday.  he was loving every second of the attention.

you can't tell me his sideline antics have not hurt him landing a better job.  winning at IUPUI and Georgia St is no small task.

• Upvote 1

The guy is a promoter - and I don't mean that as a pejorative. He has done well at both IUPUI and Georgia State. Good for him. I think Hunter is also a nice guy - at least from my view from the cheap seats. Notwithstanding his antics while opponents are shooting free throws....

As I said, my perception of him is from a distance. You have obviously been a lot closer to Hunter and his antics.

Ron's about to be in heaven.....so much media attention will be coming his way.

great showing from the big 12.....Iowa St and Baylor both upset.

Between Iowa State and Baylor, I'm wondering why I even bother filling out a bracket.

March happens... :puke:

• Upvote 1

Great. Now he will get even more attention. I am starting to believe he popped that ALC on purpose. 

the sad thing is that his team just scored a great victory with his son hitting the game winning shot, but Ron Hunter will manage to make this all about Ron Hunter instead of his team.

CAfDOOyVEAAlk3u.png

Cut him some slack, I suppose - he would be doing the same thing in front of 200 fans in "The Jungle" at IUPUI back in the day.

"Ron Gonna Ron"...

Yeah, that's my thing — Ron has always been, um "Ron-ing".

What's annoying to me is the recent phenomenon of unknown coaches turning this week into their own personal sideshow.

Everyone is perpetually yelling, hoarse, cliche and being folksy, trying to be that next darling.

Kind of like Hampton's coach doing a bit where he calls 'Jesus' to play for his team to help beat UK. I mean, really.

I kind of thought Saul Phillips was doing that last year. I don't remember, maybe he has always been that animated. Just seemed like he was laying it on pretty thick.

ORUAlum has it right. And, I guess OT does too.

Ron loves him some Ron.

I get a laugh at the national media pundits that think Ron fell out of the chair on accident, because he was so happy.

Ron rolling around on the floor and trying to get all the attention is not an accident or a new phenomenon. Anyone remember when IUPUI won the Mid-Con tourney...?

Yeah, I saw him on the show. He did a good job. Nice publicity for Georgia State - and Ron Hunter.

• Upvote 1