Assistant Coaching Vacancies

ORUalum

if i'm Scott Sutton, i'd give a serious look to former TU guard Rod Thompson.

ORU now has offers extended to OK Run PWP players -- RJ Fuqua (2017), Caleb Bennett (2017), and Jaycson Bereal (2018)

On an editing note, the word "Assisstant" should be spelled Assistant. 

• 4 weeks later...

A little strange that no assistants have been named yet.

come on OT and other posters in the know........what are you guys hearing?

I will be moving to the bench this year, to implement my structured regimen of 2 dozen Krispy Kreme's and 2 naps per day. We are bringing back the 4-corners offense and intentionally fouling the opponents worst free throw shooter, every time down the floor. Also, we will become the first team in NCAA history to never attempt a 2-point field goal. Should be an exciting year at 81st & Lewis. Get your season tickets now!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, oruvoice said:

I will be moving to the bench this year, to implement my structured regimen of 2 dozen Krispy Kreme's and 2 naps per day. We are bringing back the 4-corners offense and intentionally fouling the opponents worst free throw shooter, every time down the floor. Also, we will become the first team in NCAA history to never attempt a 2-point field goal. Should be an exciting year at 81st & Lewis. Get your season tickets now!

Nothing would surprise me. 

TheEagleman has been mulling over an offer from coach Sutton for about 2 weeks now....I have to make a decision by the end of the week.....MrsEagleman not real excited about a move to Oklahoma.....trying to figure out a way to make it work.....but not looking promising at this juncture.....I may just have to continue in the Insurance business.....:blink:

TheEagleman prefers the up tempo game....I would bring back the Trickey/Fuqua "Run and Gun" style....especially since we might have Richards' son on the team over the next few seasons.....but that type of game requires an agile big man who can run the floor and guard the middle.....ORU needs to get one of those....easier said than done....:mellow:

• 4 weeks later...

Can't say I'm overwhelmed by the resume.

But, no justification for being underwhelmed, either - don't know the guy.

I guess you can just color me "whelmed".  :|

Interesting addition. 

Still holding out hope that a former ORU standout will fill Kyan's shoes. 

• 3 weeks later...

Is it looking more and more like ORU will not fill their other open assistant coaching spot, at least for this season?

Budget move?  Would not be surprised.

Sure puts a lot of pressure on Scott & Sean Sutton, the new guy, and do-everything-else Director of Operations Steve Upshaw when it comes to scouting, recruiting, scheduling, etc.

In contrast, TU has seven guys listed as basketball staff, including two former D-1 head coaches as assistants, plus two basketball-dedicated strength & conditioning guys, and two graduate managers.

That's a lot of suits getting in the way during media timeout promos on the Mabee Center floor...

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think you have to assume at this point there will be no third assistant. It's almost August with no announcement. Is two assistants common practice or are we taking really drastic measures to save money?

Mokan Elite?.....ah, that's where our latest recruit, 6-8 Derrick Walker was playing AAU.....sounds like ORU has a plan after all.....TheEagleman  likes it....:eagles: