Daquan is transferring...

ORUalum

I would not rather not lose players to TU...

But honestly, the players we've been recruiting the past few years aren't competitive with NDSU or SDSU.

• Upvote 1

I hear you. But, in Daquan's situation...he's a tweener that may/may not have been a starter this year for us. Yet, he thinks he's going to go to TU and light it up?

Not to mention, there's a good chance he'll have a new coach over there before he plays out his eligibility.

Wasn't he already getting starter's minutes? He played around 20 minutes a game, the only person getting significantly more time than that was Obi.

Maybe he just wanted to be part of history and play on the first TU team to lose 4 consecutive Mayor's Cups since the 1970s.

Whatever.  Good luck at Tulsa or wherever you think the grass is greener Mr. Jeffries.  Time to move along Golden Eagles.

"Commitments" are all fine and good, but if I'm not mistaken, he still has to GRADUATE from Western Texas JC this year before he can play at TU next season, or anywhere else that's D-1.

If and when he does get that associate degree, he'll have just two years of eligibility left, instead of three if he had transferred directly to TU and sat a year - still a stupid move to leave when and how he did, if you ask me.  Good luck...

That's pretty disappointing to see. DaQuan would have been a future leader of the team and he seemed like a great guy. I completely believe he'll be successful at Tulsa which makes the whole situation that much more sad. 

On 10/10/2016 at 10:57 PM, ManiacAlum said:

Maybe he just wanted to be part of history and play on the first TU team to lose 4 consecutive Mayor's Cups since the 1970s.

Ah wait, I forgot he's playing JUCO this year. Nevermind. I'm an idiot.