Homecoming 2016

oruvoice

2 hours ago, EagleManiac said:

The exact opposite actually. I see him at almost every sporting event I attend, including baseball and soccer. I agree with Jason. I like the direction he's taking our university. I just wish he supported the athletic department a little more.

That is true.  I'm surprised how many events I see him at.  

While leaving the last baseball game, I was once again taken aback by the new Student Center.  It's a very impressive building, and if I'm not mistaken was completed during the Rutland years without too much drama.  I think the Indoor Practice Facility was done during the same time as well.

In stark contrast, I wonder every time I pull into the Mabee Center parking why the "Baby Mabee" renovation is taking so long.  Funding?  Permits?  Poor project management?

I will say this about Rutland:  he did get the trains running on time, so to speak. 

The current administration reminds me a bit more of a return to the RR years:  a lot of pomp and circumstance, but...

"Where's the beef??"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEQ6ssMcK2QVUYAGwOxFy

• Upvote 1

Speaking of that, wasn't ground broken on the new tennis/track facility 7 months ago? I thought the funds had already been raised for that. Wonder when that's gonna get started. 

Do you think they will paint the baby Mabee (new Global Learning Center) - or leave it with the dull gold color?

50 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

While leaving the last baseball game, I was once again taken aback by the new Student Center.  It's a very impressive building, and if I'm not mistaken was completed during the Rutland years without too much drama.  I think the Indoor Practice Facility was done during the same time as well.

In stark contrast, I wonder every time I pull into the Mabee Center parking why the "Baby Mabee" renovation is taking so long.  Funding?  Permits?  Poor project management?

I will say this about Rutland:  he did get the trains running on time, so to speak. 

The current administration reminds me a bit more of a return to the RR years:  a lot of pomp and circumstance, but...

"Where's the beef??"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEQ6ssMcK2QVUYAGwOxFy

+1

I have wondered the same thing as well about the exterior color of the Mabee Center.  Apparently, if I read the Excellence magazine correctly, $46 million of the $50 million needed to be raised for the Baby Mabee project has been raised.  I think it is a pretty major renovation project.  

Concerning the track and tennis facility, I heard that there was an unforeseen plumbing issue which arose and which was going to cost an additional $100,000 so they have been waiting to raise that final 100K before they started that project.  However, I only heard that from one person so I haven't confirmed if that is absolutely true.

5 hours ago, ORUTerry said:

Nobody at the school understands the concept of branding...It is amazing to me. I have spoken with numerous ORU people about this and they look at me with a glazed expression.

You can't fix stupid.

You are right on both points!!

TheEagleman just got his new ORU magazine today.....1 page dedicated to sports....the same as obituaries.....at least my name wasn't on that page......:mellow: