Postseason 2016

Old Titan

10 hours ago, EagleManiac said:

IPFW got embarrassed tonight at San Diego State. Lost by 24, and were never really in the game after the first ten minutes. 

Tough match-up - SDSU should have been in the First Four in place of Vanderbilt, Michigan or Tulsa; would beat any of the three by double-digits.

For the record, wouldn't surprise me if either Tulsa or Michigan won by double-digits tonight themselves:  neither belongs in the first place, neither has shown a whole lot of resilience when things don't go their way.  I do think it's a mismatch on the bench between John Beilein and Frank Haith, but otherwise, it's a toss-up.

This sports writer's take pretty much sums up the TU-Michigan game for me tonight:

Or, in the current vernacular:  "Meh..."

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ORUalum said:

you think Haith sticks around or looks to move on?

He's making a lot of money at TU (over a million a year). 

Hard to imagine him finding a better paying job with his prior NCAA issues at Miami and Missouri, but if he's proven to be good at anything as a head coach, it's leaving when the gettin' is good.

• Upvote 2

this would be the ideal time with all those seniors leaving and the gift of a tournament invite.  i think a win tonight would have brought him offers.

Geez...what an ugly game last night....Michigan was awful and TU just a tad worse....would have much rather seen St. Bonaventure or Monmouth in that game....either of those teams would have advanced in my opinion.....TheEagleman heads out of the office today at noon for some March Madness fun.....maybe even a few green beers?.....:blink:

UALR:

13-18 >>>> Hire Chris Beard >>>>  30-4 w/an upset win in the NCAA tournament

from Angelo State, just an incredible one year turnaround for Beard and UALR

TheEagleman had Yale and UALR today in his pool...I also have Wichita State up on Arizona now....as of right now I am 12-0.....which means tomorrow I will be doomed.....never do well in these bracket pools....:P

TheEagleman had VCU.....but Michigan State stunned by Middle Tenn......my one side of the bracket is destroyed.....:blink:

SDSU........how the heck do you not use your timeout?

good comeback none the less....

i had all the upsets u did eagleman but did not pick mtsu either :( msu losing to kansas in final

Brad Underwood officially becomes The World's Most Interviewed Man at the coaches convention in Houston in two weeks with SFA's win over West Virginia tonight. 

Could be a bidding war between TCU, OSU, or even K-State if they pull the trigger on Bruce Weber. 

Two things you can probably count on for next season:

1. Brad Underwood will be coaching in the Big XII. 

2.  He will quadruple his salary (or more) in the process. 

Love all the press Kory Billbury is geeting in OKC this weekend, especially when he is described as a "graduate student from ORU who transferred to VCU":

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/ousportsextra/ncaa-in-okc--booker-t--washington-grad-korey-billbury-looks-to-be-/article_d34d7954-f8a5-54ad-bd7e-f58d979618db.html

Considering the draconian treatment he received from the higher-ups in the ORU administration following an honor code violation, it's ironic that his current status is generating positive publicity for the ORU program.

Major props to KB for not bad-mouthing ORU in this situation, when he certainly could - lot of maturity in that young man.

• Upvote 1

VCU played hard but came up short vs. OU....Buddy is amazing....TheEagleman would love to see him playing here in Philly next year.....and a brutal loss for S. F. Austin...losing on that lucky tip in to ND but really they missed a lot of good chances to put the game away in the final two minutes.....the Lumberjacks should be going to the Sweet 16....:mellow:

Syracuse in the Final Four?....geez....Boeheim is a crook....but TheEagleman doesn't much care for Roy Williams and UNC either....not sure whom to root for in that one....I have to hope that they play a 6 OT tie and the NCAA decides to eliminate them both and declare the Villanova- OU winner as Champion......TheEagleman has OU winning it all in my pool but my heart is with local favorite Nova.....tough call.....:blink:

Valpo vs. George Washington in the NIT Finals.....The Crusaders scored an exciting last minute victory BYU last night to get to the championship......looks like they are on the way up.....while we are on the way down.....:mellow: