ORU vs. SDSU / round 1

theeagleman5

I am still watching film trying to come up with a prediction.....no easy task with this 2015-16 ORU team......:eagles:

SDSU has whipped us twice this season including last weekend up at Brookings.....so probably not much has changed in a week, right?.....this should be pretty much a walkover for the Jacks.....ah...but not so fast, my friends!....after several nights of analyzing game films, TheEagleman thinks that ORU is ready for a break out game...hey, it's been since December, right?....expect SDSU to concentrate on stopping Obi so we get big efforts out of Owens, Jeffries, Young and Martin....and maybe even Conley will stay out of foul trouble because we need him on the court for 20-25 minutes to have a shot in this game....I expect more scoring than last weekend........not much defense on either side......ORU advances to round 2 in a shootout over the Jacks, 90-85......and as a bonus selection, South Dakota stuns top seeded IPFW, 74-71 so both of the top teams in the Summit are gone in the first night.....it's anybody's tournament to win!....GO BLUE!!!!:eagles:

• Upvote 1

It might stay closer than most think, depending on if Obi can stay out of foul trouble (they will go after him on offense, to put pressure on the refs).

I still see the co-champs pulling away by double-digits late, something along the lines of 85-74.

You know, my head says it can't be done...

My heart says if we somehow win this game they will reel off two more and be playing in the Tuesday/Wednesday play-in game...

If TheEagleman has a few more drinks tonight...I might up my prediction to a double digit ORU win..we are due..EXPECT A MIRACLE!.....:blink::eagles::blink:

• Upvote 1

If ORU brings it then they are capable of winning a game in the range of 72-68.  If it gets into the 80s then our defense will have failed and we will likely be on the losing end.  Here's hoping they bring it defensively.

Good point, Jason...TheEagleman was figuring that we might have to shoot the lights out from 3-land and over 55% from the floor overall to score a lot of points and win...but when ORU plays well and wins we usually hold the opposition under 75....that's probably the key to victory tonight......that and getting production from 3 or 4 guys besides Obi....we need a big game from Albert and Conley has to stay on the floor and give us a solid 25 minutes at least...when Brandon plays well, ORU usually wins.....need Martin or Jeffries to go off also.....ORU CAN WIN!...in fact, TheEagleman just emailed Coach Sutton to tell him that and give him some support...I suggest that we all do that this afternoon to let Coach Sutton know that we are behind the team!!!...ORU 80 SDSU 74.....GO BLUE!!!.....:clap::eagles::clap:

After opening up at -9, Vegas now has SDSU as a 10-point favorite. 

Pretty rare for a Scott Sutton team to be a double-digit underdog to a Summit League team, particularly in conference tournament play. 

About as rare as ORU being a 7-seed, I supppse...

TheEagleman grabbed ORU and teased with IPFW.....so I have ORU +16 and IPFW +1....and the Mastadons are doing their part with  15 point lead over SD late in the game. Honestly, I think ORU can win this game as long as we don't get behind early....we can't let SDSU whip up that partisan crowd......:eagles:

well, they got the hot start Coach Sutton wanted.....16-6 w/4 threes.

Ooooooo Delicious !!!!   I love ORU.  We are currently getting stuff thrown at us while standing and cheering ORU.   Let's do this. .....  this would be AWESOME! !!

things went cold when Conley and Martin went to the bench.

always a scoring spurt for the opposition when Bradley checks in.

big 3 for SDSU going into the locker room.  ORU weathered the storm w/Obi and Brandon in foul trouble.

Yorkovich: "Yes, but how can I make a difference in this game?"

• Upvote 1

TheEagleman was very optimistic until I heard that Yorkovich is reffing this one....that's never a good thing.....Coach Sutton must be on his best behavior.....:huh:

ORU wins the first 4 minutes out of half!!:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Brandon to the line up 12