Western Illinois at ORU

theeagleman5

The Leathernecks come to town fresh off a nice road win at Denver.....but ORU played one of its' best games of the season on Thursday night in that big win over IUPUI....TheEagleman saw the confidence building as the game went on....I expect more of the same tonight....more team ball...not a complete Obi show....expect #15 to get his 20-25 but ORU spreads it around again and wins comfortably....we are a 6.5 point favorite.....TheEagleman thinks we cover easily and I am teasing this game with IPFW.....ORU wins 80-63....Gold uniforms come thru again!....:lol:

IUPUI didn't even belong on the same court as us on Thursday night. Hopefully, the same team that played Thursday will show up tonight. 

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

The Leathernecks come to town fresh off a nice road win at Denver.....but ORU played one of its' best games of the season on Thursday night in that big win over IUPUI....TheEagleman saw the confidence building as the game went on....I expect more of the same tonight....more team ball...not a complete Obi show....expect #15 to get his 20-25 but ORU spreads it around again and wins comfortably....we are a 6.5 point favorite.....TheEagleman thinks we cover easily and I am teasing this game with IPFW.....ORU wins 80-63....Gold uniforms come thru again!....:lol:

Agree that we win comfortably.....I believe Albert Owens is the " X Factor " . 6'9 260 with a nice soft lefty touch....when he plays focused and motivated and the guards do their part by actively trying to feed him....not many, if any big men in the Summit are equipped to deal with that. Go Golden Eagles !!!

Albert is a black hole. He needs to learn to pass the ball back out when the shots not there.

• Upvote 1

ORU holds off WIU for a 72-66 victory pretty much securing a spot in the Summit post season tournament...Obi 26 and Albert Owens 21 led the way....Kris Martin chips in with 11. When ORU plays defense we win....when we hold teams under 70 we win....not to prettiest victory but we will take it.....combined with IPFW's win this also helps TheEagleman improve his bank account....Gold uniforms do the trick again along with only 10 turnovers.....GO GOLD!!!....B)

it was not pretty, but it's a W.

WIU was on the brink of capitulation early until ORU went to the bench......a really bad night for the bench w/the exception of DeQuan who was active and contributed.

The second half was ugly, but celebrate all victories. Western Illinois came to play. Even after a rough start, they fought and clawed their way back into it. That coach has done a good job getting effort out of his team when it would be easy to give in and give up on the season. 

I've been very impressed with Kris Martin, tonight especially. He's a very smart player with a high basketball IQ. You rarely see him make a silly freshman mistake. Tremendous upside for him.

• Upvote 1

Glad to get the win and glad we started out hot because otherwise we might have lost to the last place team.

Albert and Obi played well.  Conley seems to draw so many fouls that it continues to greatly affect his playing time.

Our best team on the floor is probably the current starting lineup of Owens, Conley, Obi, Martin, and Young.

Young had some bad turnovers tonight and we received very little scoring from the bench.  It would be nice if Jalen and Javan would gain some confidence and start contributing more on the offensive end.

Five years ago, this Western Illinois roster would have been an upper-division Summit League team.

The fact they're dead last is proof-positive how strong the conference has become from top to bottom.

It's a shame they likely will not make the tournament.  They appear capable of beating just about anyone else in the league on a neutral floor.