ORU at NDSU

theeagleman5

Licking our wounds after 3 straight home losses, ORU limps into Fargo, ND for an always tough match up with the host Bison.....NDSU after a hot start has lost 4 of their last 7 including last Saturday night at mediocre IUPUI....they still are an impressive 14-8 but only 4-4 and in the middle of the pack of the Summit.....here's the problem....the Bison have won 46 of their last 49 and we never play well there....so the odds are not good especially with the way ORU has been playing with no confidence and a mix and match line up.....so TheEagleman would be nuts to predict a victory tomorrow night....yes, you already know that TheEagleman IS nuts.....so what the heck.....Obi lights it up for 33 and we get big games from the young bucks Martin and Jeffries and maybe even an Albert Owens citing....ORU is desperate and shows it by sweeping the season series from NDSU with an 81-77 win in Fargo.....LakesBison and the rest of that crowd are reduced to going back to their igloos after the game and getting wasted on Busch Light and Old Milwaukee....:rolleyes::P;)

Let's hope we get everyone on the same page and play with focus & intensity. That means defensive effort and crashing the boards. This team has potential - we saw it earlier this year. They need to regain their confidence/optimism and play to win. 

The Bison are a solid 7.5 point favorite in the morning line.....that sounds about right....Western Illinois upset Omaha last night....then again, are there any upsets in the Summit League this year?....anyone can win on any night it seems.....:blink:

22 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

....ORU is desperate and shows it by sweeping the season series from NDSU with an 81-77 win in Fargo.....

i think Ealgeman is rocking some blue and gold tinted glasses...8)8)8)8)8):eagles:

hope you are right....this bunch is much better than they have been playing.

Might have to hedge my bet and grab NDSU -7.5 tonight.....:P....but my prediction still stands....TheEagleman is  EXPECTING A MIRACLE!!!....;)

NDSU has dropped to a 6.5 point favorite....also SD is a 2.5 point fave over IPFW which is very odd to me....might have to parlay SD and NDSU.....B)

9 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

....anyone can win on any night it seems.....:blink:

I'm not sure we can win on any night...

TheEagleman will put a few $$$ where his mouth is.....teasing two road teams tonight in the Summit...so I get ORU +12.5 and IPFW +8.5......GO BLUE!!!....:rolleyes:

Obi goes to the bench for a short blow and the team responds w/3 turnovers and 0 pts going into the under 12 timeout.

both teams really cooled off to close the half....NDSU cut the lead by getting to the line......

you are looking pretty good in both games at the half Eagleman

10 sec to get a foul......you can't make this stuff up!

....then you allow an offensive rebound on a missed FT

....another missed FT and another missed rebound by ORU

....easy layup for NDSU to end things

....a very fitting end.

ORU played hard but in the end came up short 67-63....yeah, the final 15 seconds was a sad state of affairs......:wacko:

3-11 the last 14 games....let that sink in.

too much talent to play that poorly