ORU at NDSU

theeagleman5

1 minute ago, Old Titan said:

You sure about that? ;)

whether it's the coaching or the talent, there is only 1 person responsible for both.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ORUalum said:

whether it's the coaching or the talent, there is only 1 person responsible for both.

Ouch.

Desperate times call for painful evaluations.

42 minutes ago, MrsSmith said:

Is Jeffries hurt?  He didn't play at all last night?  I wasn't able to listen to/watch the game.

he did not pass concussion test until day of game.  the protocol requires another 24 hrs until playing.  he should be good to go Saturday.

• Upvote 1

By the way.....TheEagleman watched a little of James Madison smoking Drexel last night....the Dukes are now 17-7.....I believe this is a team what we hammered on the road just over 2 months ago......geez.....those where the days.....:huh:

can't argue with that assessment.

wish someone could explain why White (leading rebounder in the game) was sitting on the bench w/a 57% FT shooter toeing the line for a 1-on-1 w/6 seconds left.

instead Obi gets beat for the offensive rebound and the rest is history.

not calling for anyone's job, we all know Coach Sutton has a job for life w/the current AD, but we are kidding ourselves if only the players take blame.

i used to wonder why people posted that Hankins was the strategist / brains on the bench, i think the last few years have proven that out.

Scott's explanation after the game was that Obi was put underneath so he could get the rebound and push it straight up the floor, to create for the last basket ala the TU game.

Problem is, 6'4" Kory Brown out-maneuvered him for the rebound... :doh:

not sure i get his Tulsa comparison --- he had Conley and Owens to rebound for Shaq's FTs; Conley got the board and passed to Obi to push it up court.

i did like Coach Sutton trying some new things vs NDSU;  starting White and Owens together and adding a weave to get better ball movement.

he is trying to push different buttons; hoping he finds the right combination.  during this collapse it sure has felt like Jason Garrett was coaching during crunch time of some these games.  the team has been playing not to lose rather than to win.