IPFW at ORU

theeagleman5

When is the last time that we lost 3 games in a row at Mabee Center?....I don't have time to look it up but TheEagleman is guessing that it's been a while....Agreed we have not played well over the past 6 weeks but this ORU team isn't horrific...so for that reason alone I am going with the Good Guys tonight....In Sutton We Trust!...and Obi, too!....plus, despite IPFW's gaudy 16-6 record, ORU is a 3 point favorite tonight....the Mastadons are coming off a tough 64-62 loss at home vs. IUPUI....make that two losses in a row tonight for IPFW as ORU plays some D and finds a way to win.....77-72.....:)

a loss tonight would mean a 4th conference loss at Mabee.  when was the last time that happened?

a bit surprised by the line....ORU -2.5

the game to watch in the league will be Omaha at SDSU....SDSU -7.5

TheEagleman might be watching some of that Omaha at SDSU game....that's gonna be a dandy....7.5 is a lot of points.....a little too many for TheEagleman to take SDSU and I hate to bet against them at home.....:wacko:

SDSU is now an 8.5 point favorite and the ORU line is now -4......so the money is coming in on both home teams....it will be interesting to see if this changes in the afternoon....B)

12 minutes ago, EagleManiac said:

Did anyone hear why Jefferies isn't playing?

precaution....concussion like symptoms.  4 days w/ a headache, but could not identify a specific hit to the head.

Tre Vance also out w/a stomach bug that has hit several members of the team....Obi was suffering from it on Saturday, but was able to play through it

36-27 ORU at half....Obi on fire with 20 points.....GO BLUE!!!...:lol:

Not looking good...Obi has cooled off and he's not getting much help.....66-63 Mastadons with 1 minute left....:(

good teams find different ways to win; bad teams find different ways to lose.

4 home losses in conference

this is really sad to watch. 

ORU fails to hold onto a 12 point lead in the first half and loses their 3rd straight at Mabee Center to IPFW, 68-63....Obi's 27 isn't enough.......this season is heading down the drain and fast....11-12 overall and 3-10 since Mid December.....:wacko:

Incredibly disappointing.Out coached night in and night out. We just could not figure it out once they went to a zone. 

30 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

HUGE, HUGE, HUGE comfort zone in that entire athletic dept

mediocrity is now fully accepted

Could not agree more. Im still firmly on the Scott Sutton train, but something needs to change.

• Upvote 2

I'm as dejected after that loss as I have been in several years.  If you look at the stat line, our performance wasn't all that bad, comparatively - our shoot percentage killed us, though.  No breaks from the officiating crew either, which didn't help.  As the second half progressed and shots weren't falling, nobody wanted to shoot the ball. 

We couldn't make a basket. Especially when we needed one. Missed several layups & gimmes - including Anderson's missed dunk. Make more shots and you win the game  

Our defense in the first half was good. Also only had one turnover. Did not keep the defensive intensity in the second half. The lack of scoring had to have some effect. 

It looked like we had never encountered a zone defense before. We looked tentative. Obi did not work hard for the ball and was not aggressive. Fatigue?

I thought the lineup in the last few minutes of the game did not have the best offensive players on the court.

Harris played well and pulled down a lot of rebounds. Wish he could have made a couple more shots. Conley has to play smarter. Too many fouls and mental mistakes - especially for a senior.

Is it too much to ask for a little love from the refs? I thought they seemed to be a bit tilted towards IPFW. Obi was getting hammered and no calls. Did not seem evenly called to me.

Puke. It's coaching. Period. 

We have one starter and 11 role players. Coach needs to stop changing the line up and subbing out players ever 2 minutes. Nobody on that team knows their role but obi. Until we have a few other players start feeling like go to players, we will keep collapsing like this. The end of the game proved nobody knows whether they are supposed to be starters or role players. They are afraid to fail because they know if they do they'll get pulled. Young, Bradley, Obi, white/conally, Owens. should play 30+ minutes. pick a team and go with it. 

In the last minute when we needed a bucket, we had Anderson, young, obi, Owens and Harris. Who besides obi is going to score??? Where's Bradly? Where's K-mart?

Sure, we got no love from the refs, but we still had a shot with 1:03 left. Terrible loss.